Coaching Change Rumor Thread

cddolphin

Things might not move as fast as other team who have already let their HC go (Bucs, Cardinals)

The only sure thing right now is Burke is OUT

Tannenbaum likely out as well but not a guarantee

Ross may string Gase along for another week and see if the Ravens lose, he may trade for John Harbaugh

Watch the Jets & Jim Harbaugh, Ross may step in and prevent that from happening if it gets traction

Discuss

A short but nice write up on the Andy Reid coaching tree, and the success of his former subordinates.  I kind of would like to see one of his protégés as our new HC.  If not John Harbaugh then maybe Bienemy......Bienemy was a successful Pro RB and college great, and unlike Gase that would likely garner some early respect from the players.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/15/andy-reid-coaching-tree-doug-pederson-sean-mcdermott-ron-rivera-matt-nagy-steve-spagnuolo-john-harbaugh

Bienemy is relatively young at 49, would meet the Rooney Rule requirement, and would be a first time HC.  A few years ago I wouldn’t have taken Bienemy serious as a legit HC but he fits the picture of a skilled teacher and knowledgeable mentor that has enjoyed overwhelming success as a new OC while belonging to the Reid coaching tree.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Things might not move as fast as other team who have already let their HC go (Bucs, Cardinals)

The only sure thing right now is Burke is OUT

Tannenbaum likely out as well but not a guarantee

Ross may string Gase along for another week and see if the Ravens lose, he may trade for John Harbaugh

Watch the Jets & Jim Harbaugh, Ross may step in and prevent that from happening if it gets traction

Discuss

YES! Good riddance, Burke!

John Harbaugh: As long as we don't have to give up the farm, I'd say why not.

Eric Bieniemy seems too green to me. Yes, he's done a good job. But he's only one year on the job. How much is on Reid and how much does Bieiemy actually contribute?

Vic Fangio ... sure. I usually dislike defensive hirings, but our defense sorely needs help. If we go this route, however, we should keep Tannehill for another year.

Brian Flores pls no.

Mike Munchak... Please God no.

Kris Richard... Eh.

I know I heard talk that Ross would not pursue Jim Harbaugh... but was that totally confirmed? He still seems like the best case scenario to me.

My rank

1. Either Harbaugh

2. Ariens

3. Maybe Mccarthy or Lewis

Of all the names circulating around the league these are the only 3 that I consider a "franchise coach" everyone else is just I hope he will be good at the top level choice. I do not like any of the guys that have already failed badly at being a head coach and odds are that only 1 of the many coordinators mention for first time head coach will succeed at the top level and that is bad odds I have got my fill of that the last 4 head coach hires. 

Edited by Dolphinmeister

I would be pleasantly surprised if Ariens had any interest in being our HC.  Only way he would entertain the idea of Miami IMO is if he felt Tannehill was indeed the franchise QB we need.  I think he loves Mayfield and that’s why he has said he would only come back to coaching for the Cleveland job.

I love Ariens as a Coach in any capacity but I don’t expect to see him even agree to interview for us.

Of the list I like Richard, Rizzi then Fangio in that order. 

Would be good to nab a Harbaugh but can’t see it. 

Toub over Bieniemy for me but if we are going to give a ST coach a chance why not Rizzi. He would need to pick his Coordinators wisely.