Coaching Change Rumor Thread

cddolphin

Alex Marvez

Two sources have told me the hot name circulating around league circles as a likely member of Brian Flores' future @MiamiDolphins staff is @packers assistant Patrick Graham as a potential defensive coordinator.

The Miami Herald is also reporting that Brett Bielema, former Wisconsin and Arkansas HC, is being considered for the DC spot. Hes currently a consulstant for the Patriots.

1 hour ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

Alex Marvez

Two sources have told me the hot name circulating around league circles as a likely member of Brian Flores' future @MiamiDolphins staff is @packers assistant Patrick Graham as a potential defensive coordinator.

The Miami Herald is also reporting that Brett Bielema, former Wisconsin and Arkansas HC, is being considered for the DC spot. Hes currently a consulstant for the Patriots.

Sounds like we are aiming high LOL!!!!  In the mean time the Patriots are still the Patriots, the Bills have a great Defense and an up and coming playmaker at QB, and the Jets have a future franchise QB with a smart Offensive minded HC and are probably hiring Greg Williams to turn around their defense.  

It’s a good thing Ross publicly stated that he hope we don’t have to go 3-13 to rebuild........Because right now 3 wins is sounding like 2 or 3 too many to be realistic.

I haven’t had this bad of a feeling about Dolphins coaches since Cam Cameron was announced as our HC....... I knew he was a terrible HC because I witnessed it first hand at Indiana University.....but our projected coaching staff right now is unbelievably bad.

I hope I’m wrong.........Next season is going to be hard to watch.

• Like 1

Received a message from someone who is plugged in with the Patriots regarding Bret Bielema. “That would be huge addition for Miami. The guy knows everything.” Bielema almost became the Dolphins head coach instead of Philbin but Bielema insisted he would draft Russell Wilson.

- Matthew Cannata

Bielema said he would draft Wilson in the 2nd round & guaranteed Miami a Super Bowl within 5 years. Jeff Ireland and the front office chastised him for thinking like that, saying that’s the difference between college and pros. Bielema quickly pulled himself out of the race.

- Matthew Cannata 

48 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/report-dolphins-to-hire-packers-assistant-as-defensive-coordinator/

Seems that Jim Caldwell and Packers LB coach Patrick Graham are going to be the coordinators.

I like both of those hires. A young, up and coming D-coordinator, and an experienced O-coordinator. With Flores being defensive minded, it allows him to groom a young coach that is full of energy on the side of the ball he knows best, and allows him to have a coach on the offensive side that has seen and knows it all. A great teacher that can help Flores grow on that side of the game. With Rizzi still not hired, I wonder if they bring him back for special teams.

Just now, ericsvibe said:

I like both of those hires. A young, up and coming D-coordinator, and an experienced O-coordinator. With Flores being defensive minded, it allows him to groom a young coach that is full of energy on the side of the ball he knows best, and allows him to have a coach on the offensive side that has seen and knows it all. A great teacher that can help Flores grow on that side of the game. With Rizzi still not hired, I wonder if they bring him back for special teams.

Vikings reportedly really like Rizzi too, so we'll see.

3 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

I thought I read somewhere Caldwell will be QB coach/ Assistant HC

This is correct. He will be Assistant HC / QB Coach, and not the OC.

EDIT: I'll try to find the source, it was somewhere in my twitter feed. The link posted above says offensive coordinator.

Maybe since Flores is being hired so late, they are having difficulty finding an OC this late i the game.

Edited by cddolphin

3 hours ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

I thought I read somewhere Caldwell will be QB coach/ Assistant HC

Yes Rapoport reported that over the weekend as well.

I like that Flores has someone with a lot of NFL headcoaching experience on the staff to lean on. I wonder who we have in line for OC, I remember seeing something about NE receivers coach O’Shea but it was most likely pure speculation. Praying Rizzi stays as well.

Edited by Emerica

• 4 weeks later...