Coaching Change Rumor Thread

cddolphin

9 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Most of my life, Fins were among the most dominant teams in the NFL.

The past 15 years, ummm not so much. It's about time for the pendulum to swing back in a good direction...

Unfortunately, that makes you quite a bit older than me. I loved watching Marino as a kid but I didn't follow it really closely until around 2005 or so.

Meh. If I had to put the hire into one word: uninspiring. 

I obviously don't take part in the interviews but nothing about this excites me. Watching interviews of him and you get the classic canned responses with no personality. Again I don't see behind closed doors so my opinion doesn't mean much but I'll never understand the infatuation with anything or anyone Belichick touches. He's been a play caller for one season, season in which his unit has looked very average to be generous. Granted there isn't much talent on that Pats D, not much better in Miami.

Grier has hitched his wagon to his guy. Considering who our GM is, we should've expected he was going to hire someone with the same bland demeanour as himself. We'll see how it turns out. I think if one goes, the other will follow. Hopefully he can surround himself with an experienced staff.

Dolphins always seem to go against the grain and suddenly you think maybe they know something we don't and they've finally turned the corner. And then the results come in and you realize they are the same old Dolphins lol. We'll see.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Why would you hope this? Vance sucks.

Lol Vance didn’t do well as our DC.  I think Burke might have honestly done better than Vance.

Im trying not to puke as I read the news that Flores is going to be our next HC.  Only thing that makes sense about Flores as our HC is that he might work well with Grier.  Unfortunately I don’t think that will be enough.  

Hopefully we will be able to get our franchise QB in 2020 and by 2025 we will all have forgotten about the last 20 years of football misery.

46 minutes ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Help refresh my mind, are there any Belichick assistant coaches that went on to be successful head coaches? 

Unless you consider a 42-38 regular season record and 1-3 in the playoffs as successful, then no. That would be Bill O'Brien's record with the Texans. 

I have my doubts that Flores can buck this trend. We'll see who he can find as his coordinators.