Dolphins fire Adam Gase and reassigned Tannenbaum

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I will.

Because Ross obviously can't be the problem, right? 

Let's see; he wanted Lamar Jackson who just led his team to the playoffs. He wanted Gase to draft a QB to battle with Tannehill but he never did. 

He definitely had a hand considering everyone reported to him and Tannebaum but it seems like he realized his mistakes, demoted his friend, and gave his GM total control.

3 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

Let's see; he wanted Lamar Jackson who just led his team to the playoffs. He wanted Gase to draft a QB to battle with Tannehill but he never did. 

He definitely had a hand considering everyone reported to him and Tannebaum but it seems like he realized his mistakes, demoted his friend, and gave his GM total control.

Because Lamar Jackson is the only reason the Ravens made the playoffs, and the same would have happened to the Dolphins had they drafted him. And every starting quarterback should have stiff competition--that's just the way the league works. Competition also protects a quarterback from injuries, as we all know. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Interesting statistic. Yes, these games can be a little random and flukey, but a three year sample is pretty solid overall

The Dolphins also outperformed their Pythagorean win totals by 5.2 games in Gase's three years in Miami. Gase isn't without his flaws. He seems like a jerk who causes friction in the locker room, and he made bad hires on the defensive side of the ball, but I also felt that the Dolphins offense and team overachieved while he was there.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Forgot about him. As in Gase I meant the unproven guy. Actually think Gase can be a quality coach and did well with what we had.

Oh okay. Unfortunately I think you're wrong as it looks like Cincinnati will hire either Hue or Joseph. Gase and McCarthy are the only ones that have earned another HC right now, though maybe Bowles somewhere down the line.

Archived