Marvin Lewis out in cinci

sdrawkcab321

2 hours ago, theJ said:

YAY

Eh, i think it's hard to judge Vance based on what he was given.  How are we supposed to evaluate his time there when his QB play was Trevor Simean, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, and Case Keenum?  Not a coach out there that could have had a lot of success with that group.  That they won 11 games with that is pretty amazing IMO.

That being said, i'd prefer they look elsewhere first.

I'm not so sure about that. The year before Vance got there the team was 9-7 with Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch. Then last year with the Vikings, Keenum went 11-3 and made it to the NFC championship game. I'm not saying Vance was in the best situation but at best he was below average. He only got 11 wins out them in 2 years. That's pretty bad. 

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

The Vikings had plenty of success with Case Keenum.

A) Sample size
B) Zim is a better coach
C) When Zim took over the Vikes, he had been in the NFL for a long time already
D) Everyone and their mother knew Keenum couldn't repeat
E) Vance is young-ish, silly to count him out without seeing if he learns from his mistakes

Point is, you probably shouldn't or can't judge young HC's on their first two years, especially when it's obvious the pieces weren't in place.  Or are you arguing that Case Keenum is good enough in today's NFL to make a team a consistent playoff contender, and Joseph just screwed him up?

22 minutes ago, sportcourt7 said:

I'm not so sure about that. The year before Vance got there the team was 9-7 with Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch. Then last year with the Vikings, Keenum went 11-3 and made it to the NFC championship game. I'm not saying Vance was in the best situation but at best he was below average. He only got 11 wins out them in 2 years. That's pretty bad. 

Never said he coached well.  Just saying that he's 46, coming off his first two years as a HC with a team that probably no one was making a playoff team.

If he's given another shot in a few years, i won't be counting him out.

Just now, Danger said:

I'm gonna be honest. Vance just strikes me as a body. He doesn't seem to bring anything to the table.

That's fine.  I'm not saying he's a great coach or anything.  Just suggesting that maybe, just maybe, he wasn't the reason that team tanked and that it's not ridiculous he be given another chance somewhere.

24 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Typical Marvin/Hue, blaming the situation and not realizing the game as passed them by.  Also, that they suck at personnel decisions...

What are you talking about? The tandem of tyrod Taylor and Carlos Hyde is a killer!!!

I don’t think he can top what he has already done in the NFL. I don’t think Marvin is innovative enough to win a championship. Best case scenario is he comes in to a losing franchise and gets them to be a mid tier franchise. I don’t know that there is a market for that. As a college coach though... I think Marvin could have a lot of success. 

47 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's coming bro.  Marvin is named VP of football ops this weekend, next week your HC will be Hue

Out of all the rumors this is the one that should have ended years ago.  Duke Tobin is our defacto GM.  Marvin Lewis stated that is a role he would like to have in the future but not in Cincy because that's Duke's job...

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Just do everyone is aware, Lewis gets a spot on the ring of honor and statue in front of the stadium, that place was an absolute joke before he walked in the door and instantly made them a playoff contender.  When Lewis took over, they had the #1 pick in the draft, and it wasnt even a question what the worst Franchise in the NFL was.  He was criticized for taking the job, as a hot DC name, a minority (before the Rooney rule) people were worried that he would fail, not due to his own fault, but bc of the ineptness of the team from the owner on down.  Cincinatti is respectable again, and yeah they havent won a playoff game, they also havent had the #1 pick for 16 years.  There is a reason why Mike Brown loves Marvin Lewis.

What ring of honor?  Mike Brown is too cheap

2 hours ago, Forge said:

We all know that he's going to get hired by Tampa now, turn that defense around while Monken runs the offense, and win a wild card game in 2019. 

talk about coming full circle in multiple ways at once.

Lewis took the team out of the dark ages, brought them to respectability, got them to the playoffs five straight times, then watched them return to the bottom of the division.  Full circle #1.

Full Circle #2   If he actually was hired by Tampa and coached a game.  In 2002, Glazer had agreed to hire Lewis as HC.  So Lewis resigned in Baltimore, but then Glazer had a change of heart, backed out, and then traded for Gruden from the raiders.  Gruden is back in Oakland, Marvin would be in Tampa.  

17 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

I don’t think he can top what he has already done in the NFL. I don’t think Marvin is innovative enough to win a championship. Best case scenario is he comes in to a losing franchise and gets them to be a mid tier franchise. I don’t know that there is a market for that. As a college coach though... I think Marvin could have a lot of success. 

I came here to say the same thing. He will probably end up coaching some obscure college like lovie Smith 

Happy for bungles fans 

Archived