Vance Joseph Fired as Broncos HC

broncos67

Now it's official per Schefter and the world. This can serve as the official thread as well as the coaching search thread.

So far, Denver has requested permission to interview Brian Flores (Pats DC) and Mike Munchak (Steelers OL coach, former Titans HC) for the HC role.

43 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Vic Lombardi saying the HC candidate will be someone with prior HC experience. 

Mike McCarthy, Mike Munchak, Ken Whisenhunt, Bruce Arians, Jim Caldwell, Jim Schwartz, Chuck Pagano all seemingly fit the bill, if that is the route we take.

Don't know if i like it 

46 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Chuck Pagano would be interesting.  I think the Broncos need a more mature coach to head these young guys.  

Doesn't seem like a good or great coach...but he seems like a good guy and I'd be okay with competency during a rebuild

Finally!  Glad it’s official.  I expect we will all be underwhelmed by both the list of candidates, as well as the final selection.  But whoever it is has to be better than VJ, right?😜

id be perfectly content with McCarthy, but I strongly suspect he ends up with the Jets to tutor Darnold.  Some rumors out there about Zimmer being available.  Doubt it, but would love it if we went that way.  

None of the rest of theses guys feel like anything more than a stop gap.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Vic Lombardi saying the HC candidate will be someone with prior HC experience. 

Mike McCarthy, Mike Munchak, Ken Whisenhunt, Bruce Arians, Jim Caldwell, Jim Schwartz, Chuck Pagano all seemingly fit the bill, if that is the route we take.

18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Don't know if i like it 

Could still mean head coaching experience in college?

22 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Gase is now available LOL

17 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Should give him a look. Miami's FO situation is a mess. Not like ours is much better though. Still Gase is a good coach.

14 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That bridge is burned with the organization per Allbright 

The only way Gase is returning to DEN is if Elway & Ellis aren't around.   Remember when MIA ran up the score at the end of the game last year with an onsides kick?  Gase said it was specifically payback in postgame (but didn't say to who, but pretty easy to read between the lines).   Allbright confirmed Gase believes Elway gave him negative reviews when Gase interviewed with SF.    So yeah....as much as Gase could probably overhaul an O and make a bad QB kinda serviceable (remember Cutler's best year was with Gase in CHI, and Tanny was actually OK pre-ACL, not great, but better than we've seen), it's not happening, at least not in the Elway era.

Old links below....

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Now it's official per Schefter and the world. This can serve as the official thread as well as the coaching search thread.

So far, Denver has requested permission to interview Brian Flores (Pats DC) and Mike Munchak (Steelers OL coach, former Titans HC) for the HC role.

Seriously? They're looking at going Patriot Way again? Look what a disaster Patricia is in Detroit. If they go that way I'll lose my head. Even interviewing him enrages me. 

Archived