2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

looks like the bell deal was a borderline loss for him when compared to what he could of already made had he accepted the steelers offers in the past .. oh well

happy we're not paying him 10+ mil a yr when we can use conner + samuals + others and get similar results on much cheaper deals for now

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Losing Fort kind of sucks.  Vince Williams/Bostic make it so that I don't think we need 2 ILB's (assuming we maintain the dime look throughout the season).  This team has a lot of needs, but these signings make it so we aren't completely desperate on them.  Devin White would be a dream

Since I called Moncrief and Nelson... B|B|B|

Mark Barron would be an interesting cheap option here.  Underperformer but does play more of the drop ILB. 

Also, Stephone Anthony was a helluva player in college and miscast with the Dolphins

1 minute ago, August4th said:

also I feel like if the jets offer made him sitting out worth it. He would be announcing it to the world on twitter lol instead he's promoting his rap album

Yeah the whole situation kind of sucks.  It would have been in our best interest and his to still have him on this team.  Now both of us are worse off

Edited by Steelers22

2 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They only sign Tate if they absolutely have no faith in Washington...I called for more weapons but still...

Tate would be kind of a curious fit considering Juju spends so much time in the slot too.  I would love to have him but I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Tate would be kind of a curious fit considering Juju spends so much time in the slot too.  I would love to have him but I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

I completely agree honestly I'd much rather go out and get Marcus Golden or Zack Brown

Edited by wwhickok

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If it wont happen, how can you see them on the phone?   :ph34r:;)

Unfortunately, the Steelers hardly ever trade up.   Only way they would do that is if they felt he was a special player that filled a need, and there would be no one left close to him come 20.

How many great prospects were we win striking distance of, just to watching them go just before us?    

I hate discussing trading up and down.....it never happens, even when its blatantly obvious it should.   Just goes back to Colbert being a coward.

I wrote "if" White falls to 11 or so. I should have written IF since it is a big if and highly unlikely.

I think White is one of those players the Steelers just need, like Troy Polamalu. 

11 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

I wrote "if" White falls to 11 or so. I should have written IF since it is a big if and highly unlikely.

I think White is one of those players the Steelers just need, like Troy Polamalu. 

I actually do think there's a chance this happens (of course it is unlikely).  We have more picks than previous years and after a few of these signings, the need is crystal clear.  

I'm not going to sit here and say it does happen because they would need to pay a steep price to move up that much (I'm guessing our second) but I do think if it is going to happen, this is the year we may see it.

• Like 1