2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

The only thing worse than losing AB and doing typical Steelers Free Agency signings is hearing Steelers fans lose their stuff that LJ Fort will be starting in Philadelphia. Like, I see Steelers fans arguing he was like some elite coverage linebacker like we didn't run a crap ton of zone and get beat in his zone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Do people realize we'd not be getting Justin Houston of old, right?

I do. But i still like he has some juice left. I think we would use him a lot like Harrison was used his last couple seasons here. Which is why I also doubt its going to cost us a ton to get him. 

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Do people realize we'd not be getting Justin Houston of old, right?

I don’t think anyone has visions of his 22 sack year...but he is still an effective rusher, he is better than Dupree, and this move would absolutely benefit the defense. Even as a part time rusher it would be a great move  

9 sacks in 12 games is nothing to shake a stick at....whatever that saying means. 

Bell is now claiming that he grew up a Jets fan and that's where he always wanted to go......even though 2 years ago he claimed he wouldnt play for the Jets for $100m.   

Im so happy he rejected our offer.     He has never been too bright.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bell is now claiming that he grew up a Jets fan and that's where he always wanted to go......even though 2 years ago he claimed he wouldn't play for the Jets for $100m.   

I'm so happy he rejected our offer.     He has never been too bright.

th?id=OIP.28rZL6FIcB56t8ZreBz0jwHaFU&pid

did-i-say-that.jpg

Truthfully, glad to be moving on from all of the drama. The AB stuff surprised me as I loved his work ethic and play on the field.

More hurt about him than Bell. Sometimes you have to take logical, sound and good advice from those who know more and are more experienced than what you see in your eyes.  He made horrible business decisions and backed himself into a corner with the team that helped him develop. Now looks even more foolish signing with the franchise he talked down about.

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bell is now claiming that he grew up a Jets fan and that's where he always wanted to go......even though 2 years ago he claimed he wouldnt play for the Jets for $100m.   

Im so happy he rejected our offer.     He has never been too bright.

After him and his mom claiming for years that the entire family came up Steelers fans and he wanted to retire a Steeler.....now NYJ is where he always wanted to be?

I also see him spinning on twitter his contract by telling the wrong guaranteed moneys.

• Like 1

This story is good for a few laughs, from SI. Claims that two former teammates say Ben is the source of problems in Pittsburgh, even though one of the two players explicitly states the opposite at the end of the article:

“I think everybody has different personalities,” Redman says. “Could he have done more to bring guys together? Yes, but he was never a problem in the locker room. I don’t think he shied away from guys, I just think he was really careful about who he surrounded himself with.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/15/ben-roethlisberger-leadership-problems-criticism-antonio-brown-trade-raiders-leveon-bell-season-jets

Redman and a guy who was part of the team for like 8 games after being signed off the street. Meanwhile, no one can actually explain how Ben is responsible for anything related to Bell. Like, he was sitting there in the negotiations telling Leveon that he wasn't worth no $17 mil a year.

24 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

This story is good for a few laughs, from SI. Claims that two former teammates say Ben is the source of problems in Pittsburgh, even though one of the two players explicitly states the opposite at the end of the article:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/15/ben-roethlisberger-leadership-problems-criticism-antonio-brown-trade-raiders-leveon-bell-season-jets

Redman and a guy who was part of the team for like 8 games after being signed off the street. Meanwhile, no one can actually explain how Ben is responsible for anything related to Bell. Like, he was sitting there in the negotiations telling Leveon that he wasn't worth no $17 mil a year.

Reads incredibly manufactured to force the issue to be Ben, rather than explaining that Ben is a leader that's just different from other styles.

I don't think Ben is the ideal leader, but I think him being some locker room cancer is being overblown by parts of the media

and I don't think bell has ever said anything negative about the steelers culture, ben or tomlin..his issues was always the money ..I've seen people say "maybe bell just wanted to get away from a toxic situation" to justify him not taking the steelers deal

Edited by August4th
  • Like 2