2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

I don't think Ben is the ideal leader, but I think him being some locker room cancer is being overblown by parts of the media

Exactly.  I feel like he's the type of leader where, if you do what he wants out of you then you are golden, if you decide to go about it your own way then it's tough to gain his trust.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Exactly.  I feel like he's the type of leader where, if you do what he wants out of you then you are golden, if you decide to go about it your own way then it's tough to gain his trust.

sounds like something bill and brady do up in NE...

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

also is the atmosphere in Pittsburgh too player friendly or so toxic players can't wait to get out..notice the national media/outside fans switched up on that

so which is it?

I feel like it switches depending on what helps push the narrative that a team is in shambles.

Look at last offseason or two with NE.  It was Brady had an inner circle that only certain people were let into, and then it shifted to BB trying to prove his ability to do these things without Brady when it turned out that it seemed BB kicked those guys out.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I feel like it switches depending on what helps push the narrative that a team is in shambles.

Look at last offseason or two with NE.  It was Brady had an inner circle that only certain people were let into, and then it shifted to BB trying to prove his ability to do these things without Brady when it turned out that it seemed BB kicked those guys out.

lol on espn right now they are discussing a topic titled "is the steelers offseason worst in modern era?"

national media is doing too much ...but they always do

3 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

This story is good for a few laughs, from SI. Claims that two former teammates say Ben is the source of problems in Pittsburgh, even though one of the two players explicitly states the opposite at the end of the article:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/15/ben-roethlisberger-leadership-problems-criticism-antonio-brown-trade-raiders-leveon-bell-season-jets

Redman and a guy who was part of the team for like 8 games after being signed off the street. Meanwhile, no one can actually explain how Ben is responsible for anything related to Bell. Like, he was sitting there in the negotiations telling Leveon that he wasn't worth no $17 mil a year.

That Josh Harris idiot claims that Ben fumbled the ball on purpose... But if you go and watch the play in question, it looks pretty damn clear that Ben was shocked when the ball was fumbled. The way he reacted was either genuine or Ben is a very good actor.

I have issues with the kind of leader Ben has been, but  these has beens and never-was' are just looking for attention.

17 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That Josh Harris idiot claims that Ben fumbled the ball on purpose... But if you go and watch the play in question, it looks pretty damn clear that Ben was shocked when the ball was fumbled. The way he reacted was either genuine or Ben is a very good actor.

I have issues with the kind of leader Ben has been, but  these has beens and never-was' are just looking for attention.

• Like 1

Just hypothetically speaking; because I think we should entertain the idea. 

We are targeting Mack Wilson instead in 1st, not Bush? Not saying Wilson is better than Bush or anything, but I'm seeing some posters seem to think Bush and White will go in top 11. If we ever face this scenario, what would you guys like to? 

I do feel like we would have to reach for Mack or trade back a bit. The dropoff after Mack is steep and a dire need. Hoping we'll trade up big time!

Thoughts?

Wilson is not a 1st round pick.  I will lose my mind if they take Wilson at 20.  I have issues with Devin Bush and the lack of splash plays.  Wilson is even worst.  He is all prospect.  THere is not enough film of him.  I also want to see his pro day.