warfelg

2019 Steelers offseason news

I wonder if we could make a trade with Cardinals, Bud Dupree for Hassan Reddick...

Never thought I'd be asking this question but....lets say we get Justin Houston and then we draft Devin Bush.  Even though we lost AB, is the team on par or better than last years team?  I think that becomes a legitimate question if we end up getting Houston

Posted (edited)

At least part of me wonders if we in fact are signing Justin Houston and we do end up extending Ben Roethlisberger and possibly Bud Dupree even though I don't really want to extend him if we are still not going to be done in free agency, idk what our cap situation would be like but Zack Brown or Tre Boston would still appeal to me

Edited by wwhickok

IF they sign Houston would they put Dupree inside and try him there maybe?

Just now, Steelers22 said:

Never thought I'd be asking this question but....lets say we get Justin Houston and then we draft Devin Bush.  Even though we lost AB, is the team on par or better than last years team?  I think that becomes a legitimate question if we end up getting Houston

I do think we are going to be better. The better defense gets; more offense has control over the time of possession. I see a lot of issues where we would slow down and play it safe, apparently by leading the time of possession too many times because we don't trust our defense enough. Doing this means we can actually have more bomb plays and mix it up rather than being conservative.

Looking at the cap; it's quite possible to sign Justin Houston AND Tre Boston; would have to let Morgan Burnett go and trade Dupree though

2 minutes ago, Livewire said:

IF they sign Houston would they put Dupree inside and try him there maybe?

I mean could it really hurt?

4 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Imo, we will be better. We have added guys that want to be here, can make an impact, and in Houston, will provide leadership.

The distractions, lets not pretend they were just a small part of our season, they polluted the whole damn thing. 

getting excited at the idea of Houston coming here and watch we wake up tomorrow to news he signed with NE or Bal xD

I don't mind Dupree moving inside IF we are playing more 4-2-5, can mask his and Vince Williams weaknesses but we are loading up so much we can afford trading up in the draft. It'd be weird to waste the 10 picks. 

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

getting excited at the idea of Houston coming here and watch we wake up tomorrow to news he signed with NE or Bal xD

The # of Steelers he is currently following is rapidly increasing 

23 minutes ago, August4th said:

Oh yeah.  My thoughts exactly.  And he will play for Baltimore at a pro bowl level for the next 3 years.

This will kinda be like Earl Thomas “signing” with Cleveland only to sign with the Ravens.

I kinda like Dupree as the third rusher. He isn’t a great pass rusher but he would be change of pace/relentless. His cap charge doesn’t really bother me, though if he was replaced before the money got locked I woulda canned him, but ultimately it doesn’t bother me. Would rather have had him one one year at a high cost than a huge void or multi years.