2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

22 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Am I the only one who sees Barron as an LJ Fort replacement instead of a Morgan Burnett replacement? Barron played almost every snap at inside linebacker for the Rams. 

I think most people are hoping he's Burnett's replacement because nobody wants him to be our starting ILB.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think most people are hoping he's Burnett's replacement because nobody wants him to be our starting ILB.

In a sense he will be a replacement for both. We all remember LJ Fort trying to cover pro bowl WR Keenen Allen. >:(

They play a lot of Nickel so, I believe he will be more of a Nickel LB/Safety.  Although he can and probably will

be used to play some ILB next to Vince even if they draft an ILB high. I think that Barron will be day one starter, then as the

draftee gets comfortable hand that role to them. This is not a sexy pick, but a practical one that will improve the defense

based on what they like to do and are transitioning to. We are hoping to get the next great Steelers ILB very soon.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Im trying to understand this. Is he unhappy that a professional football team asked him to act like a professional football player and put football first?

Didn't treat him like he's human?

What a ******* idiot.   Just trying to play victim for sympathy and attention.  

I tried empathizing with his situation, but he is too much of an idiot....hope he fails miserably.

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'm trying to understand this. Is he unhappy that a professional football team asked him to act like a professional football player and put football first?

A player with great work ethic and skills, but is clueless in other regards to being an NFL football player let alone a Pittsburgh Steeler.  No one wants to admit that they made a mistake. You cost yourself millions of $$$ in salary, endorsements and your brand. Many athletes forget that they are signed by the team or name on the front of the jersey, but their legacy is forged by the name on the back of the jersey.  He has contradicted himself countless times, misrepresented his intentions, and then did not own up to them, and he has shunned advice from his mother and agent, who have his best interests at heart.  You were signed to play football for millions of $$$, yes your employer would get upset if you don't come to training, but are playing pick-up basketball. "When I was a child, I spoke as a child. But when I became a man, I put away childish things." (No religion here to offend anyone, but a wise Biblical quote that fits). Grow up young man. It is hard to tell millionaires the error of their ways. I am sorry the Steelers lost the talents of AB and Bell, but glad that they lost all the drama, immaturity and selfishness that came with them. I understand looking out for #1, but this is still a team sport and you don't have to  dump on the team/players or the owners. Short term pain, but long term gain for the Steelers.

• Like 1

The big issue I have with what he said is a big deal was made from when Tomlin decided to take ping pong and pool out of the locker room because it was causing problems. “Why would they have all that stuff in there in the first place!?!”

Juju plays Fortnight, has a twitch account, does a YouTube show. But guess what....in season the only times there’s content is bye week or community outreach. 

• Like 1

if bell was unhappy here, why not demand a trade in 2017 or last year? this sounds like a spin job by him and his agent.They don't want to admit that they failed to get a record breaking deal for running backs. Did he get paid like a RB and WR? wish someone would ask him that.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The big issue I have with what he said is a big deal was made from when Tomlin decided to take ping pong and pool out of the locker room because it was causing problems. “Why would they have all that stuff in there in the first place!?!”

Juju plays Fortnight, has a twitch account, does a YouTube show. But guess what....in season the only times there’s content is bye week or community outreach. 

THIS! funny he brings up gaming, when the one of the most popular NFL gamers/online guys plays for ....the Steelers

2 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:
20 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

In a sense he will be a replacement for both. We all remember LJ Fort trying to cover pro bowl WR Keenen Allen. >:(

They play a lot of Nickel so, I believe he will be more of a Nickel LB/Safety.  Although he can and probably will

be used to play some ILB next to Vince even if they draft an ILB high. I think that Barron will be day one starter, then as the

draftee gets comfortable hand that role to them. This is not a sexy pick, but a practical one that will improve the defense

based on what they like to do and are transitioning to. We are hoping to get the next great Steelers ILB very soon

This... simply put, he starts next to VWill in 'base', and then stays on the field as the nickel backer when we go nickel/dime, whether 3-3-5, or 4-2-5.

• Like 1