2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly though what theyre saying about Ben shouldnt be a surprise to anyone for 2 reasons.

1. Its true.

2. This is the more important one, they want to keep this team surrounded with drama and keep their name in the media.

Ben is a big part of the reason we have been successful and a big part of the reason we haven't gotten back to the SB. But also, so is our defense.

How many times has Rodgers got back to the SB since 2010?  Brees since 2009?

Ben takes some blame, no doubt, but not much more than any other top Qb who hasn't gotten back.  Coaching and defense are just as much, if not more, to blame.  Coaching is number 1 by far IMO....not just Tomlin, but coordinators and position coaches too.

52 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

How many times has Rodgers got back to the SB since 2010?  Brees since 2009?

Ben takes some blame, no doubt, but not much more than any other top Qb who hasn't gotten back.  Coaching and defense are just as much, if not more, to blame.  Coaching is number 1 by far IMO....not just Tomlin, but coordinators and position coaches too.

Oh i agree and don't get me wrong, how many QBs don't want things their way?

13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Oh i agree and don't get me wrong, how many QBs don't want things their way?

How many times has Lev Bell been period?  Dan Marino only went once. 

It is time to ignore Bell and let him move on and be a Jet. Sometimes engaging a fool only makes you appear more foolish trying to counter the craziness. He made his decision, he signed elsewhere and moved on. Bye. Have a nice career. No hate no bad feelings, but just go. I wish you and AB the best except when you play the Steelers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steeler Hitman said:

How many times has Lev Bell been period?  Dan Marino only went once. 

It is time to ignore Bell and let him move on and be a Jet. Sometimes engaging a fool only makes you appear more foolish trying to counter the craziness. He made his decision, he signed elsewhere and moved on. Bye. Have a nice career. No hate no bad feelings, but just go. I wish you and AB the best except when you play the Steelers.

I agree, Le’Veon who??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Well there goes Justin Houston to the Colts.

I wanted Houston as much as anyone but 12 mil per is a bit much imo. I doubt we were going to outbid the colts and that cap space but even still thats more than i wanted us to spend on him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Big Snack said:

I wanted Houston as much as anyone but 12 mil per is a bit much imo. I doubt we were going to outbid the colts and that cap space but even still thats more than i wanted us to spend on him.

While I dont disagree in general....we are paying Dupree and Chickillo a combined $14m this year.   Id wouldve much rather given that money to Houston to replace Dupree, and then drafted a late round backup or just kept the almighty Keion Adams.

It's going to be funny when Dupree racks up like, 11 sacks this season....9 or 10 of which will either be coverage sacks or Gildong's, and our moron GM will sign Dupree to a long term deal averaging more than what Houston is getting, based on that alone.   

I realize Houston isnt the same player.....but even half of Justin Houston is far better than Dupree has EVER been.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wonder what kind of accounting issue they have? 

Oh well, goodbye Burnett. Hopefully we go after Boston or draft Thornhill or CGJ.

I bet it's likely trying to figure out the impact of post-June 1st and just doing it straight up.

15 hours ago, warfelg said:

Arthritic knee and ACL tear? Pass. 

I agree, but maybe as Conner's backup he could stay healthy.    He would essentially splitting the backup role with Jaylen Samuels....5 touches a game, at most.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I bet it's likely trying to figure out the impact of post-June 1st and just doing it straight up.

If it’s post June 1 designated it’s $5 mill saved this year but eat something like $1.8 next year.

If just released regularly, just save $ 3.2 mill this year but no dead $$$ on next years cap.

44 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wonder what kind of accounting issue they have? 

Oh well, goodbye Burnett. Hopefully we go after Boston or draft Thornhill or CGJ.

All depends on what you think they need.  Edmunds was playing well enough to make Burnett expendable.  Both played the SS/in-the-box safety.  Drafting CGJ would be targeted at Davis as would signing Tre Boston.   Is Barron is the backup SS or ILB? 

• Like 1