2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'd be shocked if they did since they already stated they're going to cut him.

Getting a 6th or 7th for him out of a team that feels like he would cost more on the free market is a possibility. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

I know he’s a shell of his former self and didn’t do anything vs us last season but I’m glad Gronk is retiring. He was a matchup nightmare for any team but I feel like we were one of the worst at containing him.

we were

he has better numbers against us than any other non-AFCE team.. Texans the only other team that was close as bad as we were at stopping him.

he averaged 97.1 yards a game against us.. the next team with 5 games minimum played against him is Houston giving up 85.2

Recently heard the bears are still looking for a day 3 pick for Jordan Howard. He  has 1 year left on his rookie deal at just over 2 mil. I  wouldnt be opposed to putting one of those 6th round  picks to work to secure our  depth chart at the position. Any thoughts?

7 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Recently heard the bears are still looking for a day 3 pick for Jordan Howard. He  has 1 year left on his rookie deal at just over 2 mil. I  wouldnt be opposed to putting one of those 6th round  picks to work to secure our  depth chart at the position. Any thoughts?

Im not saying I would do it for Howard, but these are the types of moves I would love to start making. A late round pick for a pro ready guy on his last year of his contract.

Take the Pro guy, pass on the dart throw, and hopefully you pick get a comp pick back when you let him walk the following year. 

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Im not saying I would do it for Howard, but these are the types of moves I would love to start making. A late round pick for a pro ready guy on his last year of his contract.

Take the Pro guy, pass on the dart throw, and hopefully you pick get a comp pick back when you let him walk the following year. 

That would be a NE style of move.  The Steelers to not play that game :/

• Like 1

I think our front office and coaches continually outsmart themselves.

We draft or sign a player and tell him to play multiple positions in the same game. We think it makes us more dangerous and that it will confuse the opposing offense. Most of the time, our defense is the confused. Many times they're overmatched because they're playing a position that clearly isn't their best. Then we're supposed to be shocked when we suffer busted assignments and a talented defense rates in the lower half of the league in most categories.

Fact: we need a true ball hawking free safety. So get aggressive and go sign or trade or draft for the right player.

Too many hybrid players are like hybrid cars, they're efficient but they don't scare anybody.

Edited by oksteeler
repitition

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Id give a late pick for.Howard for sure 

Steelers seem to be looking at specialty backs with their 3rd RB spot...notably more finisher types ala Blount(Snell/Weber) or in space types(Justice and Texas AM guy names escapes me)...my guess they take one in rd 4 or rd 5.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Love Juju.

To no one's surprise Mr. Big Ego took a shot at him on twitter. He didn't mention him by name but it was clear he was the target. Even after whining to get traded he is still so insecure about JuJu.

17 hours ago, Livewire said:

To no one's surprise Mr. Big Ego took a shot at him on twitter. He didn't mention him by name but it was clear he was the target. Even after whining to get traded he is still so insecure about JuJu.

Its crazy how fast he went from being one of my favorite Steelers ever to one of my most hated so quickly.

If he had just simply asked for trade and it happened, I wouldve wished him the best.

But in the last year, he has shown just what a classless POS he is.    For all of Ben's faults, anyone blaming him for Brown's meltdown is a complete idiot.    Brown is just a thin-skinned scumbag who couldnt handle a) being criticized (fairly or not, he couldve handled it MUCH better) and b) the pressure of Juju becoming the go-to WR.

Brown is still an elite talent and its a huge loss....I would never deny that, but I am happy he is gone.    I am still pissed that Colbert/Tomlin/Rooney/whoever were such cowards that they backed down to him so hard, but in general, I am glad that POS is no longer a Steeler.

• Like 3