2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

55 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Which doesn't mean very much when you consider that when he does get contact he can't break those blocks. More often than not we see Bud Dupree running like 50 yards to achieve actually a 3-yard distance between him and the quarterback and this is due to the fact that even after four seasons he still lacks the upper body strength and skill to break blocks so he knows his only chance is to be running free.

Was merely responding to the premise that he has an average 1st step. He doesn't all the time which adds to the frustration.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Does anybody think we will add a tight end before the regular season

Yes!

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

that is worth mentioning?

No :(

Edited by Dcash4
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I'd like a Browns fans explanation on the difference of what Kitchens and Mayfield have done by "motivating" Duke Johnson in the media vs. what Ben Roethlisberger did with AB..

I want that explanation from the national media

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

I want that explanation from the national media

“This is a leader! He is taking ownership of the team” 

Oh, there’s that “owner” word...

BTW - that’s a literal quote I saw on twitter from a Browns fan...

2 hours ago, grubs10 said:

Austin Seferian-Jenkins just got cut I heard.  I know hes bounced around a lot but his physical attributes are enticing.

Cut before taking the field.  No thanks.

Edit: Scuttlebutt is that he pissed hot for something as he missed Pat's camp due to personal reasons.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

Just a thought on our TE position, but I wonder if they would give Nix anymore run as an H-back of sorts. Using him like the Rams use their TEs in 3 wide sets, coming across the formation like another pulling guard would have me excited. I think you could stand him up and flex him and be fairly effective as a 2nd tightend. I wouldn’t give him a ton of pass catching responsibility, but as a second TE and a 5th receiving option, I think you could make it work.

The whole Sutton Smith taking FB reps got me wondering why they would do that - and that popped up as an option. I think Rosie is athletic enough to handle some TE responsibilities and I think he is a good enough cog to demand some more snaps. 

Little outside the box, but I think I’d love to see SOME of that. 

• Like 1

On 2019-06-04 at 2:52 PM, Chieferific said:

More often than not we see Bud Dupree running like 50 yards to achieve actually a 3-yard distance between him and the quarterback and this is due to the fact that even after four seasons he still lacks the upper body strength and skill to break blocks so he knows his only chance is to be running free.

he did this vs the browns wk1 vs UDFA rookie, and to me that was telling. If dupree was legit, he would have schooled the rookie, instead the rookie kept the 4th year vet irrelevant . If he had a variety of moves etc, this wouldn't occur at all. 

On 2019-06-04 at 2:52 PM, Chieferific said:

Was merely responding to the premise that he has an average 1st step. He doesn't all the time which adds to the frustration.

I have only seen him get off the snap decently a few times. He usually is slow off the snap - and that is a fail in the NFL

52 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

he did this vs the browns wk1 vs UDFA rookie, and to me that was telling. If dupree was legit, he would have schooled the rookie, instead the rookie kept the 4th year vet irrelevant . If he had a variety of moves etc, this wouldn't occur at all. 

I have only seen him get off the snap decently a few times. He usually is slow off the snap - and that is a fail in the NFL

The first quote isn't mine and a "few times" is an exaggeration.

17 hours ago, Chieferific said:

The first quote isn't mine and a "few times" is an exaggeration.

It's an exaggeration, but for someone as athletic as him, he isn't nearly as consistent as you would hope.   There are far less athletic players that get off the snap better than he does.

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It's an exaggeration, but for someone as athletic as him, he isn't nearly as consistent as you would hope.   There are far less athletic players that get off the snap better than he does.

Don't disagree at all. That's why he is such a frustrating player. Some are suggesting he's ok against the run and ok in coverage. He was an off the charts athlete. They drafted him to be a a Pass Rusher. He hasn't come close to what they had to think they had. 

• Like 1