2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

49 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

A team getting 30 or more INT's has only happened twice in the last 10 years. Both by Green Bay in 2009 and 2011.

Probably ambitious ik. Pittsburgh has only gotten more than 30 total turnovers a handful of times.

Dream Big my mama always said.

• Like 1

I wonder how many more games they would of won with just a few more picks. the NE game two yrs ago might of not even come down to that crazy ending if Davis picked off Brady to seal the game... and we're 14-2 with the number 1 seed playing the titans in the div round instead of the jags. we need more splash plays from the defense to win it all.. we don't win the AFC in 05, 08 and 2010 without some timely turnovers in key moments

• Like 2

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I wonder how many more games they would of won with just a few more picks. the NE game two yrs ago might of not even come down to that crazy ending if Davis picked off Brady to seal the game... and we're 14-2 with the number 1 seed playing the titans in the div round instead of the jags. we need more splash plays from the defense to win it all.. we don't win the AFC in 05, 08 and 2010 without some timely turnovers in key moments

Troy filled a lot of holes on those defenses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, August4th said:

The answer is a lot, unfortunately. Such a small margin for error in the NFL and those players are too big. They are especially big when we have had no apologies about turning it over ourselves. 

The last couple of years I really haven't cared if our defense gave up 25+ a game....just be fast and create turnovers. With out abilities on offense, I just wanted to be like that Saints super bowl team. Create havoc and get the ball back to Brees when you can. 

We win the Chargers game if Davis doesnt take out Haden who had an easy pick. We win the Oakland game if Mike Hilton closes his arms. 11-4-1 is the 2 seed. Two plays took us from 2nd seed to out of the playoffs. 

On 6/20/2019 at 12:08 PM, Dcash4 said:

The answer is a lot, unfortunately. Such a small margin for error in the NFL and those players are too big. They are especially big when we have had no apologies about turning it over ourselves. 

The last couple of years I really haven't cared if our defense gave up 25+ a game....just be fast and create turnovers. With out abilities on offense, I just wanted to be like that Saints super bowl team. Create havoc and get the ball back to Brees when you can. 

We win the Chargers game if Davis doesnt take out Haden who had an easy pick. We win the Oakland game if Mike Hilton closes his arms. 11-4-1 is the 2 seed. Two plays took us from 2nd seed to out of the playoffs. 

Actually, there were probably 5 or 6 plays that kept us from being 14-2.  Don't forget Grimbles goal line fumble, the Browns being gifted the ball back when it hit their own player in the tie, and Jujus drop vs the Saints.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Actually, there were probably 5 or 6 plays that kept us from being 14-2.  Don't forget Grimbles goal line fumble, the Browns being gifted the ball back when it hit their own player in the tie, and Jujus drop vs the Saints.

Add all of these to the overturned Jesse James catch against New England the year before. Really crazy to think about how different our fortunes could’ve been if just a few things fell differently.

19 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

possibly14-2 in theory, hopeful fan theory. Sad reality was, the D couldn't stop anyone when they had to, just about as bad as it could get. With that D, they deserved to miss the playoffs IMO. I am not being a harsh critic, because to me a playoff team should play some legit D, not just getting stats vs bad teams type D that this team has been doing in recent years. Yeah, Grimble.... what was he doing on that play. Of course we could also blame boswell, lets see if he rebounds.

5 hours ago, 3rivers said:

possibly14-2 in theory, hopeful fan theory. Sad reality was, the D couldn't stop anyone when they had to, just about as bad as it could get. With that D, they deserved to miss the playoffs IMO. I am not being a harsh critic, because to me a playoff team should play some legit D, not just getting stats vs bad teams type D that this team has been doing in recent years. Yeah, Grimble.... what was he doing on that play. Of course we could also blame boswell, lets see if he rebounds.

Well, we played crappy in alot of those games to the point where it should've never came down to just one play...but the fact still remains that there were just a few plays that made the difference between us being the number 1 seed and the non playoff team we ended up as.

it was annoying seeing them lose those games last yr and miss the playoffs do to a few plays

but something tells me that team would of lost in the postseason in the most heartbreaking way..so maybe we were spared a fate similar to the bears, saints, eagles etc.. xD

On 2019-06-26 at 12:04 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, we played crappy in alot of those games to the point where it should've never came down to just one play...but the fact still remains that there were just a few plays that made the difference between us being the number 1 seed and the non playoff team we ended up as.

agree but I can't sit here and say that team was anything like a respectable #1 seed team. Too many issues with that team and that season was terrible for a fan unless they like weekly drama.  The D couldn't stop anyone when they needed to it seemed, but thats the steelers in recent years

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3rivers said:

agree but I can't sit here and say that team was anything like a respectable #1 seed team. Too many issues with that team and that season was terrible for a fan unless they like weekly drama.  The D couldn't stop anyone when they needed to it seemed, but thats the steelers in recent years

For sure.  We were what we were for a reason...well, several reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Y’all see Juju take a shot at AB on Snapchat?

Posted a short vid of himself and Switz lifting in the team gym, and said “you don’t need to post about yourself working out, in fact the ones who do work the least.” And Switz chimed in saying “First in last out means lots of standing around.”

Talk about shots fired. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Y’all see Juju take a shot at AB on Snapchat?

Posted a short vid of himself and Switz lifting in the team gym, and said “you don’t need to post about yourself working out, in fact the ones who do work the least.” And Switz chimed in saying “First in last out means lots of standing around.”

Talk about shots fired. 

Petty.

They need to move the **** on.  

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Petty.

They need to move the **** on.  

Eh....I don't care.  It's going to be a story all year long of "life without AB".  I think stuff like this and players making comments about how much the lookerroom is different are things they should do at times.  I think why they posted this one, AB posted him working out with all the Raiders WR's and wrote "some just don't want to put in the work".