2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

On 7/30/2019 at 2:34 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

They also added a really good DT in Sheldon Richardson. I wouldn't expect to run all over them quite like we did last year. I think our O-line is good enough to handle themselves, but don't expect a cakewalk. 

Richardson is good, but nothing special.  He could very well have a good impact on their D, but he himself is just okay as a run defender.   His success depends on how he is used within their D.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

He must really suck in practice because he looked awesome in games last pre season. 

there must be more too it. He looked for sure at least  PS but possibly 53 final roster last year. Too bad though, because with coaching and the right tema he should be able to play on sundays.  Last year we opted for bostic, I can't see how colbert would consider bostic instead of Thomas in todays game

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

He must really suck in practice because he looked awesome in games last pre season. 

I think there were some concerns about him grasping the playbook in college whether that was due to laziness, a learning disability or other variable(s).  

23 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I personally died laughing when AB's son asked where Roethlisberger was. Just cant make this stuff up.

I might have laughed a bit when I just read about what his foot injury is from. The drama followed him for now anyways, glad it's not here for a change.  Now what if his injury occurred after the trade (or even before the trade :P) and what if he actually never recovers? Imagine that, HOF career ruined from this?

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Well his injury shows a serious lack of intelligence. I'm not calling him stupid, but in this situation he kind of acted stupid.

Yup.  It's amazing how many people are pushing back that it's something else.  Clearly something went wrong with some type of treatment.

Apparently he had the blisters prior to. I'm thinking he thought it was a good idea to not wear the protective socks so he get a little "extra" treatment on his feet. Also, Olympic sprinter Gatling said he had the same think happen to him and it took several months to recover. He told AB to be prepared for a long recovery. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2019 at 11:54 AM, Chieferific said:

Apparently he had the blisters prior to. I'm thinking he thought it was a good idea to not wear the protective socks so he get a little "extra" treatment on his feet. Also, Olympic sprinter Gatling said he had the same think happen to him and it took several months to recover. He told AB to be prepared for a long recovery. 

That...would be amazing...haha.  Some talking head at ESPN, can't remember who, opined the other day that this is great news, that it isn't some other type of injury, and how either none of the Raiders' Corners can cover, or Carr and AB are about to go off this season...I'm going to go with that their Corners can't cover, haha...

...and considering how Diva-esque AB has become, wouldn't shock me if he didn't play until he was 100%.  Wouldn't shock me if he pushed through the pain, either...I'm just saying, there is a higher chance of him sitting out longer, now, than say, 3-4 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

That...would be amazing...haha.  Some talking head at ESPN, can't remember who, opined the other day that this is great news, that it isn't some other type of injury, and how either none of the Raiders' Corners can cover, or Carr and AB are about to go off this season...I'm going to go with that their Corners can't cover, haha...

...and considering how Diva-esque AB has become, wouldn't shock me if he didn't play until he was 100%.  Wouldn't shock me if he pushed through the pain, either...I'm just saying, there is a higher chance of him sitting out longer, now, than say, 3-4 years ago.

Apparently he has gone "radio silent" and the Raiders have "no clue" where he is. Could be nothing but he has really become a strange dude. 

• Like 1