2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

I tend not to believe the Pittsburgh reporter having info no one else seems to have about Radio silence...

But...

AB is the quickest trigger in the world to respond and tell people that they don’t know anything or the Bills “fake news” on social media. This stories been out a day, and no one has defended him -more  specifically, HE hasn’t defended himself. 

Thats weird to me. 

Edited by Dcash4

51 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Apparently he has gone "radio silent" and the Raiders have "no clue" where he is. Could be nothing but he has really become a strange dude. 

Really??  Great way to kick off your career with your brand new team, that just paid you an insane amount of money to come play for them...

That goes beyond 'strange'--I'm sorry, that is just simply unprofessional.

It’s way too long of a threaded tweet to capture here effectively, but everyone go read Michael Silvers thread on AB. If you don’t have twitter, make one. It’s incredibly worth it as a Steeler fan who was told all summer how wrong the organization was and how right AB was. 

Edited by Dcash4
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Really??  Great way to kick off your career with your brand new team, that just paid you an insane amount of money to come play for them...

That goes beyond 'strange'--I'm sorry, that is just simply unprofessional.

ESPN reporting he's been absent because he can't use his old helmet. Says he'll retire if he can't use his old helmet. Dude has lost it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Two years in a row. Quick trade them Dupree for a 3rd before they think too much about it!

No, no...Let's offer them Diontae Johnson and Zach Gentry for AB...and the Raiders 2020 3rd & 5th Rd picks!!  :P

Nah... we'd need a heck of a lot more than that...maybe a Helmet...and a cryotherapy machine! xD xD xD 

• 1 month later...

Jerry Rice on SI: We all got played by AB.

"First of all, I think when he asked to be released by the Steelers, he wanted to go to the Patriots. He wanted them to trade him to the Patriots. And there was no way that the Steelers would trade him to a rival. So he had to go a different route. "

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/10/jerry-rice-antonio-brown-patriots-raiders-played

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Jerry Rice on SI: We all got played by AB.

"First of all, I think when he asked to be released by the Steelers, he wanted to go to the Patriots. He wanted them to trade him to the Patriots. And there was no way that the Steelers would trade him to a rival. So he had to go a different route. "

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/10/jerry-rice-antonio-brown-patriots-raiders-played

I find this narrative comical.  We're now supposed to believe that Antonio Brown is some sort of criminal mastermind instead of completely off his rocker?  Part of his plan was to almost freeze off his feet in the process?  Give me a break

He was consulting with a social media expert on how to speed up his release from Oakland.  That is the only part that we know is true.  He had a contract/offer from NE within hours of his release.  NE knew it was coming.

This does not mean he is not an epic narcissist but he has done a lot in Pittsburgh and in Oakland  to get released and burn bridges.

7 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He was consulting with a social media expert on how to speed up his release from Oakland.  That is the only part that we know is true.  He had a contract/offer from NE within hours of his release.  NE knew it was coming.

This does not mean he is not an epic narcissist but he has done a lot in Pittsburgh and in Oakland  to get released and burn bridges.

My guess is that has a lot more to do with voiding the guarantees than something he was doing all along