Jump to content
warfelg

2019 Steelers offseason news

Recommended Posts

Just now, wwhickok said:

The first step in getting Chris Harris in my opinion is acquiring Vance Joseph

I don't think so TBH.  Chris Harris can be traded.

I would be calling up right now talking with John Elway about a 4th, tell him I'm willing to do more.  Maybe something based on play.  And I would extend Harris 3 years.  Still draft a corner high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if you trade for Harris fast, you can get Vance as the DC, and I think then you can make 2 moves fast in FA: Deoine Buchannon and Shaquille Barnette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I don't think so TBH.  Chris Harris can be traded.

I would be calling up right now talking with John Elway about a 4th, tell him I'm willing to do more.  Maybe something based on play.  And I would extend Harris 3 years.  Still draft a corner high.

The only reason I say that is because I think getting Vance Joseph as a defensive coordinator might be incentive for Chris Harris in negotiating a new deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The only reason I say that is because I think getting Vance Joseph as a defensive coordinator might be incentive for Chris Harris in negotiating a new deal

Meh.  Maybe.  Reading that doesn't really sound like that though.  I think he just sees it as he needs a new town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No brainer.

While Chris Harris would be nice, heavily relying on two 30-year-old cornerbacks (if even for just a year) troubles me for some reason. Even if you ignore that, it stunts Hilton's growth as Harris' strength is playing the slot in Nickel situations. It essentially takes Hilton off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

While Chris Harris would be nice, heavily relying on two 30-year-old cornerbacks (if even for just a year) troubles me for some reason. Even if you ignore that, it stunts Hilton's growth as Harris' strength is playing the slot in Nickel situations. It essentially takes Hilton off the field.

Who gives a crap about Hilton's growth.  Honestly.  He blitzed 40% of the time and had the highest passer rating against of all our CB's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would like Chris Harris of 5 years ago.

He's still a really damn good corner.

 

Also: 

I think this would let us release Haden, and in that move we would save $4mil on the cap in the transaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, warfelg said:

He's still a really damn good corner.

 

Also: 

I think this would let us release Haden, and in that move we would save $4mil on the cap in the transaction.

Even if it opened up that door I don't know if you do. Chris Harris in Joe Haden on the same team would be very promising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also in terms of moves that can (and should) be made:


Marcus Gilbert - The combo of Feiler and Chucky Oak performed really well in his place.  We would save nearly $5mil in releasing him.  He' been really injury prone his entire career.

Bud Dupree - Bud had not improved, and was given the 5th year option.  Given he was not injured, his 5th year option was not guaranteed.  Cutting him would save $9.2 million on the cap.

Morgan Burnett - He was on and off the field, and when he was on he might as well have been off.  Did not provide anything and 3rd year man Sean Davis along with rookie Terrell Edmunds played a greater number of snaps with no difference in production.  Cutting Burnett would result in a $3.6mil savings.

Those three cuts alone would save $17.8 million on the cap for the Steelers, and can be paired with the $14.5mi rollover from Bell to add an additional $32.3 mil in cap space for 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Munchak interviewing with Miami as well.

 

Hate to say it but he's gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×