2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

Then why?

im done hating on the pats for being great

cheering for them to lose just to make our selves feel better about our underachieving is ridiculous

maybe some fans and the steeler organization will open their eyes now that,  we have more super bowls than anyone else'  doesnt apply and realize changes need to be made

Edited by muncher
  • Like 1

I'm not going to lie part of me is glad to Patriots did when I was not cheering for them but the Pittsburgh Steelers organization can no longer ride the coattails of being the only team to have won 6 Super Bowls. They are also no longer the most prestigious team for how many Super Bowls have these been to the New England Patriots now own that record. It should be a slap to the Pittsburgh Steelers front office's face and a wake-up call that they need to do better

• Like 1

I’m sorry I just don’t put the Patriots there. 

Reasons:

1) They’ve been great since ‘01. It’s been since ‘74 for us. They’ve got about 30 years of catching up. 

2) They’ve don’t it with one coach. We’ve don’t it with 3. 

3) There is no way you can convince me that at least some of their titles aren’t tainted. Spygate, deflategate, almost every coach remarking on headset communication problems. Typically pranksters can fine out once a season what hotel the visiting team is in and slip by security to pull the good ole 3am alarm; in Boston players say it’s every time. Someone is going to write a tell all book that’s going to expose a lot. 

4) They are playing in a worse overall era than our 70’s dynasty had to play in. 

5) Outside if the Patriots the AFC East has a sub-.500 record from ‘01-‘18. Literally every other team in the division is so bad they can write 5-1 and go from there. More than not being .500 would have gotten them in the playoffs. 

6) Us, the Colts, and the Broncos(main challengers) have faced, on average, harder offenses, harder defenses, and a tougher schedule. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Reasons:

1) They’ve been great since ‘01. It’s been since ‘74 for us. They’ve got about 30 years of catching up. 

2) They’ve don’t it with one coach. We’ve don’t it with 3. 

3) There is no way you can convince me that at least some of their titles aren’t tainted. Spygate, deflategate, almost every coach remarking on headset communication problems. Typically pranksters can fine out once a season what hotel the visiting team is in and slip by security to pull the good ole 3am alarm; in Boston players say it’s every time. Someone is going to write a tell all book that’s going to expose a lot. 

4) They are playing in a worse overall era than our 70’s dynasty had to play in. 

5) Outside if the Patriots the AFC East has a sub-.500 record from ‘01-‘18. Literally every other team in the division is so bad they can write 5-1 and go from there. More than not being .500 would have gotten them in the playoffs. 

6) Us, the Colts, and the Broncos(main challengers) have faced, on average, harder offenses, harder defenses, and a tougher schedule. 

Steelers are the better overall franchise IMO due to these facts....but this Patriots team is definitely the best dynasty the league has ever seen.

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Steelers are the better overall franchise IMO due to these facts....but this Patriots team is definitely the best dynasty the league has ever seen.

I think that’s debatable to be honest. It’s the longest for sure. But 5&6 is why I don’t think it was the best. 

And call this salty, homer, hater, whatever:

I think the Patriots played 3 of the most overrated teams in the playoffs. I think if they had faced us, the colts, the Saints, or the cowboys....I think they lose. People slurped up the Chargers, Chiefs, and Rams but all 3 had HUGE glaring weaknesses IMO. 

Chargers outside CBs, aside from Heyward, were terrible. Heck they might have been two terrible blown calls away from missing the playoffs. 

Chiefs defense was literally 1 player (Chris Jones), and their offense relied on clean releases. 

The Rams OL was bad against the pass, didn’t have a middle of the field mid-depth threat, and the defense needed to go overkill on the middle of the field. Add in that they are a great pass rush team that played the run on the way to the QB, it’s no surprise they got beat by a running game. 

to me its

all-time: green bay, can't ignore what did in the past even if their were only like 8 teams lol

since the merger: Steelers, I think the pats only have more playoff wins and SB appearance but that's about it... we have more wins, div titles, winning seasons, HOF's etc..

since the start of the 21st century: Pats for obv reasons

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, August4th said:

to me its

all-time: green bay, can't ignore what did in the past even if their were only like 8 teams lol

since the merger: Steelers, I think the pats only have more playoff wins and SB appearance but that's about it... we have more wins, div titles, winning seasons, HOF's etc..

since the start of the 21st century: Pats for obv reasons

also, its almost like you could divide the super bowl era into 2 categories. pre and post FA. 

the way teams were put together and managed are night and day

the steelers are only 1 of many teams since then

Coming around to The thought of  upgrading secondary and ILB over OLB...Steelers lead league in sacks and im assuming pressures were up there too...ILB suck in space and need playmakers in secondary.

Not sure how exactly that’s done but it’s needed.

17 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

NO for the transition tag for Bell...unless you’re certain you can get a 1st or a high 2nd.

Also, BS on Faneca not making it.

In the past, the NFL has brokered trades like this.  But Bell needs to agree to sign the tag ASAP.  That is how Landry got traded.

14 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Coming around to The thought of  upgrading secondary and ILB over OLB...Steelers lead league in sacks and im assuming pressures were up there too...ILB suck in space and need playmakers in secondary.

Not sure how exactly that’s done but it’s needed.

2nd in the league in blitzing. 

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Reasons:

No they don’t. 

The Pittsburgh Steelers were founded in 1933. 41 years later in 1974 (January 1975), they won their first Super Bowl. 

The New England Patriots were founded in 1960. 41 years later in 2001 (February 2002), they won their first Super Bowl. 

The Steelers won 6 Super Bowls/Championships over the course of 85 seasons (1933-2018), or 34 seasons (1974-2008). Whichever you prefer. 

The Patriots won 6 Super Bowls/Championships over the course of 58 seasons (1960-2018), or 17 seasons (2001-2018). Whichever you prefer. 

I think it’s the Steelers that need to catch up.