2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

2 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

If Dupree doesn’t get the 5th year option do we add an additional $9mil in cap space? 

if he is out right released without injury then yes. If he is extended then the contract will dictate how much more cap space we get. My guess would be if he signs an extension it will open up about 3-4 more mil in cap space.

So apparently Le'Veon Bell he's considering sign with the Ravens if he hits free agency.

Please do it. Please do it you ungrateful piece of trash. Watching you tear another ACL as our defensive lineman or smashing your face into the grass will be freaking hilarious. Honestly I obviously I don't want him to be injured and I don't want him to sign with a division rival but you know what it's hard not to be pretty damn annoyed when it seems like all the sudden even since James Harrison every time somebody leaves this team they got some trash to talk on the Steelers like we're some kind of evil franchise.

My question is what is truly causing players like antoniobrown Le'Veon Bell and James Harrison to have such hatred for the Pittsburgh Steelers? I'm not a let's blame Tomlin for everything guy but does anyone think that maybe there is a little more behind the scenes going on in a negative way with Mike Tomlin that seems to be alienating players?

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

So apparently Le'Veon Bell he's considering sign with the Ravens if he hits free agency.

Please do it. Please do it you ungrateful piece of trash. Watching you tear another ACL as our defensive lineman or smashing your face into the grass will be freaking hilarious. Honestly I obviously I don't want him to be injured and I don't want him to sign with a division rival but you know what it's hard not to be pretty damn annoyed when it seems like all the sudden even since James Harrison every time somebody leaves this team they got some trash to talk on the Steelers like we're some kind of evil franchise.

My question is what is truly causing players like antoniobrown Le'Veon Bell and James Harrison to have such hatred for the Pittsburgh Steelers? I'm not a let's blame Tomlin for everything guy but does anyone think that maybe there is a little more behind the scenes going on in a negative way with Mike Tomlin that seems to be alienating players?

I think it comes down to the way they do business, Tomlins workings, coordinator changes, and Ben. It’s a bit of all of that. Bell seemed less having problems with coaching and players, more with how business is conducted. Brown is less how business is conducted and more how players are handled. Harrison always felt like a guy that was going to burn bridges on his way out. He always seemed like the guy that would try to beat Father Time, and complain about the team that saw it happen. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

The other part on Harrison: his heel turn of hating media as a player to loving it now that he’s retired makes him the biggest “grain of salt” guy in the world. 

Harrison loves himself and the attention he gets, remember his workout videos always making it online while he was riding the bench last yr? he's going to keep putting himself in the public spotlight. wouldn't be shocked if he tries acting once the media doesn't need his opinion on the steelers as he gets further removed from the team

1 hour ago, August4th said:

Harrison loves himself and the attention he gets, remember his workout videos always making it online while he was riding the bench last yr? he's going to keep putting himself in the public spotlight. wouldn't be shocked if he tries acting once the media doesn't need his opinion on the steelers as he gets further removed from the team

I believe he's been working with an acting coach in LA and will appear in a tv show called SWAT(?). I don't know tv shows, I don't have cable. He is going into acting, though.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:35 AM, wwhickok said:

Bell is bitter he didnt get paid what he felt he was worth.

Harrison is bitter about 1) the Steelers asking him to take a paycut several years ago before he joined the Bengals and 2) that we didnt give him more playing time the last time he was here.

Brown has just become a diva, and seems to have an issue with Ben not forcing the ball enough.

Tomlin could have had a say in how much he felt Bell and Harrison were worth, Harrison's playing time in 2017, and getting Ben not to force it to Brown constantly, but I dont see how anyone would think he is alienating players.     Besides these 3 players (and Ben's antics, which wouldve happened whoever the coach was), what other players have we had issues with?   Martavis Bryant?   Hardly on Tomlin.     

The vast majority of Tomlin's current and former players and fellow coaches speak extremely highly of him.   Ill take that over speculation because of a few man-babies who are bitter they didnt their way. 

• Like 2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017395/article/rb-stock-watch-derrick-henry-up-lesean-mccoy-down?campaign=Twitter_atn

So Maurice Jones-Drew says Bell's stock is high. Interesting. Want to guess who is MJD's agent? Yeah, the same one as Bells. It's pretty pathetic how clear it is that Adisa Bakari is telling MJD and Bucky Brooks to keep pumping up Bell's tires. I will be so happy when Bell is finally gone and he can be some other team's headache. Brown too.

• Like 2

Bell only makes sense on a huge $$$ deal for a team that thinks their only a player or 2 away from a SB ring and have the cap room...Colts might be most plausible.

If he wants to go to the Jets, Dolphins or some other bottom tier team so be it...

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

It only takes one team.  I still think he will not get much more than the Steeler's offered.

Frankly that is what I hope happens.

Oh he gets offers that are significantly lower then what he wanted from Pittsburgh and he ends up looking like a moron in the end.

I also hope that the Pittsburgh Steelers get an offer for more than what the media expect Pittsburgh to get for Antonio Brown and it's to a team that is a long way away from being a contender

I’m at the point I’m not expecting a 1st...something like a 2nd and a conditional mid rd pick in 2020.

News should start heating up since AB has that roster bonus in March...same thing with Big Ben...expecting his and 1 of Pouncey/Dupree’s extensions before FA or at latest before NFL draft.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan