2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

Just now, jebrick said:

Yawn.  AB is not going to force a trade that the Steelers do not want.  They are not going to release him.  The Steelers should not give in to bullying by a player.  AB wants to have a temper tantrum he can sit and the Steelers get back his salary.

yup, but i wouldnt be surprised if tomlin still  lets him play games and rooney not fine him

rooney NEVER should have paid him for week 17 this year. faking an injury and turning his back on the entire organization and he still gets paid............how can you possibly justify that?

42 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Yawn.  AB is not going to force a trade that the Steelers do not want.  They are not going to release him.  The Steelers should not give in to bullying by a player.  AB wants to have a temper tantrum he can sit and the Steelers get back his salary.

I think this is a severely under appreciated piece of this decision. He has 3 years left on a deal. THREE. It almost feels like he watched Bell sit out and was like "oh, I can do that too". 

ABs lifestyle cant go without the money. The Steelers can be patient in order to find value. 

The funniest thing to me about this all is that if he would have just been mature, kept this all off social media, met with the Rooneys, and peacefully requested a trade....he probably gets it. Now, he is just damaging his own trade value while being under team control for 3 more years.... he really isn't smart. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muncher said:

for a first or second only..................i would look at tyrell williams also

Wasn’t trying to pay Williams a AAV of $12-$14 mill per....thinking Brown would be closer to $7-8 mill AAV.

Williams would be nice though.

11 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

I would love to know what is happening behind the scenes to trigger these posts.  Or is he just a head case.

He's taking advice from freaking TO.

Tells you all you need to know about what AB has become....if it wasnt already evident.  

part of me wonders if AB wants out so he can play in a bigger market. he comes off as someone who's all about his brand, so might want to maximize it in a places like the Bay area or NY. Don't think its the driving motivator, but I can see it being a part of it.

Edited by August4th

His comment is that he does not want to be blamed for the Steeler's problems.  I find that odd unless it is happening in the locker room.  IMHO, he does not take any criticism well  so any correction to his actions has to baby his ego.  Once folks stop doing that he feels that he is blamed for everything.