2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

3 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Just trade him for best deal right now.

Dont tag Bell either...just move on from these clowns.

Based on reports it seems like it's almost a foregone conclusion they are going to use the transition tag on Le'Veon Bell and they are also going to fight probably in arbitration to get the transition tag valued at A reduced rate because technically he was not on contract in 2018. The thing is they could use is a threat of arbitration to their advantage bye Towing Belle that either they go to arbitration and fight for a lower value tag or he signs this transition day at the current rate and allows them to trade him

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

AB is trying really hard to get released.  He does not want to be traded because he would have to play out his contract.  He is killing any draft value.

That's pretty much it he's trying to kill his trade value to force the hand of the Steelers it's in the same exact thing Le'Veon Bell did with his franchise tag he refused to sign and set himself in the hopes to go straight into free agency and go wherever he wants on a big contract. The thing is one of two things could happen is the Steelers transition tag him and somebody makes an offer and the Steelers don't match it likely could be due to the fact they low-balled him into the Steelers want the last laugh. On the flip side they could transition tag him and if he signs it they could flat-out trade him. The situation did the Steelers find themselves in is actually in their favor. Weather Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown like it or not they are not going to control the situation. They are not going to determine their next destination and they are not going to get the last laugh they have dug their own grave and I believe that the Steelers are taking the route they are because they have had enough and they want to make it a point to make it clear to Future players that they are not going to come in here and act like clowns in benefit from it

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Based on reports it seems like it's almost a foregone conclusion they are going to use the transition tag on Le'Veon Bell and they are also going to fight probably in arbitration to get the transition tag valued at A reduced rate because technically he was not on contract in 2018. The thing is they could use is a threat of arbitration to their advantage bye Towing Belle that either they go to arbitration and fight for a lower value tag or he signs this transition day at the current rate and allows them to trade him

why not the franchise tag?

11 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Just trade him for best deal right now.

Dont tag Bell either...just move on from these clowns.

NOOOOOO.

time is on our side. offers will get better as time goes by. AB needs to know that the steelers are calling the shots, not him

fyi, id franchise bell if possible

That's the thing the point that Steelers I think they're trying to make it this time is that they are the ones in charge not the players.

Listen I was as big of a fan of brown and Bell has anybody love to having them here in the fact that they won't be here next year does not make them less talented but I will be glad when they are gone I have never wanted two players to be off our roster more then I want these guys to be off of our roster. I would rather keep Bud Dupree at 9 million dollars a year in Artie burns on a contract extension then keep either of these crowns for another season. Honestly I'm mostly being serious

Edited by wwhickok

21 minutes ago, muncher said:

NOOOOOO.

time is on our side. offers will get better as time goes by. AB needs to know that the steelers are calling the shots, not him

fyi, id franchise bell if possible

It’s not a matter of him calling the shots...he’s a cancer to the team.

Why Franchise Bell? Makes no sense to do so.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

39 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

It’s not a matter of him calling the shots...he’s a cancer to the team.

Why Franchise Bell? Makes no sense to do so.

but hes nowhere near the team right now and sadly, there are players that are saying that want him there.

what advantage is there to trading AB today?

its makes more sense then the transition tag