2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

So Brown started his own 10 questions 10 answers on twitter. He "answers" 6 questions (5 if you don't count his response to the video). Most of his answers are gibberish and don't even answer the questions. He also directly contradicts the stories already out on some of his "facts" as if he hasn't heard any of the reporting on his situation.

There is something going on with him that is either a mental issue or he is on some drugs (more likely based on SB weekend).

Someone should tell him that just because he separates himself in the the man and the player, doesn't mean the league will allow AB, the player, to play if Antonio Brown, the man, tests positive for drugs.

I think the core of AB's problems have very little to do with the steelers and ben tbh I think he would be pulling this kind of stuff with any team..including NE(Bill would of traded him already)

that article written in the summer about his off the field life was eye opening to his behavior. He needs to grow up and get help.

• Like 1

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/antonio-brown-tweets-scaring-potential-trade-partners-pittsburgh-steelers/115vy5i8zgjyj1cztwdksti955?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pro Football Talk's Peter King reports "the more Antonio Brown tweets, the more he scares off potential suitors. (That’s not just something I think. In the case of one team, it’s something I know.)"

PFT notes, however, this might be Brown's goal — by driving away potential trade partners, he could possibly force the Steelers to release him, allowing him to choose his destination team.

But it shouldn't be a surprise that Brown's recent Twitter activity is causing concern. NFL team executives and coaches face enough problems throughout the year without the added drama of players airing their team-related issues on social media. Brown, of course, recently tweeted a farewell of sorts to Steelers fans ("Thank you SteelerNation for a big 9 years...time to move on and forward") and over the weekend engaged in a Q&A session with fans on Twitter.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

where would you rank the trio of Ben, Conner and Juju?

I don't really care for rankings. With the right plan on offense, the talent is there to be the best offense in the league. You add another couple pieces, and I'm not concerned at all. Losing Brown hurts more than Bell, but not as much as people think. Not even close, really.

The key part there is with the right plan.

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

PFT notes, however, this might be Brown's goal — by driving away potential trade partners, he could possibly force the Steelers to release him, allowing him to choose his destination team.

I mean, Brown has no leverage to force his release. The cap is inconsequential here and you could basically end his career if you want. Brown's only option would be to show up next year and try to become a distraction in which case teams really have the tools to just send the guy off into the distance. The only slight concern is the extra media attention.

There's no way in hell the Steelers should just release him.

• Like 2

This entire off-season - hell, this season - has almost soured me on being a Steelers fan. Our fanbase is so damn toxic that it's infuriating. Watching the same fanbase that threw Ben under the bus almost a decade ago now defend him to all hell while throwing Brown and Bell under the bus knowing damn well that they would welcome them back with open arms if it meant another Lombardi absolutely disgusts me. Seeing people talk badly about these player's families because heaven forbid they don't want to play in Pittsburgh. Not to mention the Cowher vs Tomlin crap that continues to go on and on and on and on and never stop. I've stuck by through the Maddox and Reed garbage in the kids yards stuff. I've happily been one of the "Kiss the six rings" people. But I've just noticed everywhere else on the Internet that our fanbase is entirely toxic and are fighting left and right about all this. Heaven forbid our fans act logical and consider that every single person in the locker room with the exception of maybe TJ Watt, Cam Heyward, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and like two or more guys have played a role in everything happening this past season and this off-season. Instead our fanbase wants to get into arguments as to which 4 or 5 guys are most responsible, should be "let go", "are an embarrassment to the franchise and should have never been drafted or hired," etc. So freaking toxic!

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 10:57 PM, Chieferific said:

How? Not feeling "respected" is such a childish emotion. And if you are feeling disrespected, find ways to handle it like a mature adult. Don't act like a petulant child. So the QB barks at you. Bark back. Move on. 

I'm over all this bull- but he did find ways to handled it properly for years, IMO. Never called Ben out. When Ben said he should've ran the route flatter even though the issue was 100% on Ben, he said Ben earned the right to criticize him, etc.

23 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont know where this notion comes from that other players couldnt call out Ben.     James Harrison did a few times back between 2008 and 2010.    Are there any examples of someone calling out Ben and getting cut?    

Ben is an effing drama queen and has a big mouth, and Im not really sure what goes on behind the scenes, but most of his "call outs" havent been bad, that Ive seen.   Meaning, none have been blatantly disrespectful.     Maybe Brown is referring to him getting called out to the coaching staff which falls on deaf ears....but thats mere speculation.

Brown is a freaking diva....plain and simple.   He isnt the only issue on the team, obviously, but I think the issue between him and Ben is that their huge egos are clashing.     

Like I said....Brown is taking ******* advice from Terrell Owens.  Think about that.    Between that and his other actions, Brown has no ground to stand on.   Despite Ben's ego and other issues, he has never been the type of cancer Brown has become.

There's a difference between calling out Ben in 2008 when he was nowhere near a leader in the locker room and calling out Ben when he's the sole holdover from the Super Bowl teams and thus the unquestioned leader, whether he is really a leader or not. Harrison, Ward, Sandersand others have called Ben out for reasons similar to this saying he doesn't take accountability but all did so after leaving the team. Not sticking up for Brown as I could care less whether he stays or goes (see my post two spots up), but I find it funny that Shannon Sharpe has gone with what Brown said and everyone lambasted him on twitter saying he "did no research" but can only find the same 5 or 6 examples over a 14 year career of Ben holding himself accountable. Our fanbase, regardless of who's side they take, has become notorious this off-season with failing to do due diligence for either side.

Also, watching Brown on Facebook is a bit crazy right now. Forget Twitter, etc where he's trying to make his case. Dude has just absolutely 100% lost it. Will be interesting to see if he doesn't start jumping on the table and throwing monkey turds at Mr. Rooney this weekend.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

There's a difference between calling out Ben in 2008 when he was nowhere near a leader in the locker room and calling out Ben when he's the sole holdover from the Super Bowl teams and thus the unquestioned leader, whether he is really a leader or not. Harrison, Ward, Sandersand others have called Ben out for reasons similar to this saying he doesn't take accountability but all did so after leaving the team. Not sticking up for Brown as I could care less whether he stays or goes (see my post two spots up), but I find it funny that Shannon Sharpe has gone with what Brown said and everyone lambasted him on twitter saying he "did no research" but can only find the same 5 or 6 examples over a 14 year career of Ben holding himself accountable. Our fanbase, regardless of who's side they take, has become notorious this off-season with failing to do due diligence for either side.

Ben got his extension before the 2008 season.   He may not have been as entrenched as he is now, but he still was "the man".    Im not even defending Ben, Im saying that I dont believe for one second that if someone like Pouncey, DeCastro, Heyward ,etc....called Ben out in a more respectful manner, there would be any real repercussions.     Brown could have called out Ben as well, and if he did it in a less diva-ish way, there wouldnt be a real issue aside from the typical drama.     However, Brown has clearly gone off the deep end.   As much of an idiot as Ben can be, lets not even remotely act like he has ever come close to reaching the level of absurdity Brown has gone to.     

Ben is a prima donna and an a-hole.   Im not arguing that.

Brown's meltdown has little to do with Ben and more to do with the kind of idiot Brown has turned into.

• Like 5