2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

I'm just sad that Antonio didn't Facebook Live the episode. Then we wouldn't have to speculate so wildly!
I wouldn't trust Ben around my 19 year old daughter. Some of you can't accept the fact that Brown is a selfish individual. It's kind of sad, really.

I think everyone has accepted Brown is a selfish individual. What we're calling you out on is your made up conjecture. You take one fact that lends to your stance and somehow try to use it to psuedo-substantiate the rest of the crap you say which has no barring; hence the purporting this had anything to do with JuJu winning team MVP.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Which one is it.  Do you care or do you not care?

I care about Antonio Brown holding himself out of practices and missing a critical game because his feelings are hurt. Not that he threw a ball at Roethlisberger. This is actually really simple stuff to follow.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

I'm just sad that Antonio didn't Facebook Live the episode. Then we wouldn't have to speculate so wildly!
I wouldn't trust Ben around my 19 year old daughter. Some of you can't accept the fact that Brown is a selfish individual. It's kind of sad, really.

Who said we aren't accepting that?

This is kinda like the only blaming Tomlin crap.  Just because we don't heap everything on Brown doesn't mean we don't think Brown isn't a POS.  Just like because I think Butler is part of the problem doesn't mean I don't think Tomlin is an issue.  

You seem to really have a hard time grasping the fact that people can find more than one person at fault.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

You mean, like the highest paid player does?

And has for like what? 4 seasons now... Key difference being the other guy has worked his *** off to make sure he misses as little time as possible, has returned earlier than expected from injury timetables and has even played through lower leg injuries to help this team. Both are seriously not without issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

You mean, like the highest paid player does?

Now here's where we can get real clownish. Ben doesn't practice on certain Wednesdays. An arrangement he has with the team, but some of you obsess over. And you are comparing that to a guy POUTING.

This is, by far, the most clownish argument I've seen put forth by the astute cohort around here.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

I care about Antonio Brown holding himself out of practices and missing a critical game because his feelings are hurt. Not that he threw a ball at Roethlisberger. This is actually really simple stuff to follow.

So something that could have destroyed a team privately and publicly before a must win, and the coach doesn't let it get into the media, is a problem with you?

You rather all of this be aired out in public?

2 hours ago, August4th said:

This is why I starter the burns and dupree thread way back.  Now steeler fans will watch both of them in 2019 again unless colbert is fired.  At least dupree is healthy and he can get let go as a result. Burns, they couldn't trade at all or could they? If he is a ST player, they should at least cut his pay and give it to a starter or legit player

if rooney is smart, he fires colbert, and trades burns and takes burns $ and hands it over to new HC munchak. Instead, colbert and rooney will keep tomlin and let munchak walk

both egoes clashed and we saw bad results. AB is at fault for handling the situation between him and ben so badly. Ben is at fault for literally being the situation...Ben is a vet and a legend here....he has the OC he wants... He calls the plays he wants...it has lead to amazing stats and broken records...but also to record ints....that is pretty much the number 2 reason why we had a bad season behind boswells break down and bell's not returning would be the 3rd. Both need a reality check...Moss got all the stats...but the ring he doesnt have crushes his legacy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

This is why I starter the burns and dupree thread way back.  Now steeler fans will watch both of them in 2019 again unless colbert is fired.  At least dupree is healthy and he can get let go as a result. Burns, they couldn't trade at all or could they? If he is a ST player, they should at least cut his pay and give it to a starter or legit player

if rooney is smart, he fires colbert, and trades burns and takes burns $ and hands it over to new HC munchak. Instead, colbert and rooney will keep tomlin and let munchak walk

Trading or cutting Burns does not create enough cap space to even replace him with an UDFA.  For the 100th time.

Also you don't just take money from a cut player and give it to a coach.  That's not how it works.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Trading or cutting Burns does not create enough cap space to even replace him with an UDFA.  For the 100th time.

Also you don't just take money from a cut player and give it to a coach.  That's not how it works.

0% chance they part ways with Burns.  

34 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Low key: Ben has been a crap teammate. 

if you have to decide on a trade, do you keep the QB that lead the league in INT's or the #1 WR in the league that has at least 5 more elite years and with his work ethic more is possible (he keeps getting better)

Maybe AB wanted to do this back in september when ben was throwing to the other team and virtually had his training cam pin september once again as he has for the last several years. AB works like a maniac in the offseason only to hav this QB not show up until october. Think about that if you are AB, and remember , they can't say they made the playoffs either.

Just now, 3rivers said:

if you have to decide on a trade, do you keep the QB that lead the league in INT's or the #1 WR in the league that has at least 5 more elite years and with his work ethic more is possible (he keeps getting better)

Maybe AB wanted to do this back in september when ben was throwing to the other team and virtually had his training cam pin september once again as he has for the last several years. AB works like a maniac in the offseason only to hav this QB not show up until october. Think about that if you are AB, and remember , they can't say they made the playoffs either.

I trade Brown.  You'll get more in return.