2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

17 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I read that the way the language in the contract is that the $2.5M is spread across his 17 game checks...so, they wouldn’t be paying it immediately anyway. 

Cap wise it hits us anyways.

17 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Cap wise it hits us anyways.

Yeah, read that after I posted. Personally, I wouldn’t be too torn up over the cap hit. I’d rather not rush a decision and take a poor deal just to not have a hit we can easily clear somewhere else if it was drastically needed. 

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Yeah, read that after I posted. Personally, I wouldn’t be too torn up over the cap hit. I’d rather not rush a decision and take a poor deal just to not have a hit we can easily clear somewhere else if it was drastically needed. 

Honestly, it's the difference of $3mil in cap.  That's it.  For 1 year that's nothing to make sure you get the right deal.  If you extend and restructure Pouncey you can make it up.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

What'd they think he'd say? Why even ask?

PR move would be my guess. They know that this is really all about the money and they want to rub that fact in. Probably especially so because they asked him to lay low and he hasn't.

18 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

PR move would be my guess. They know that this is really all about the money and they want to rub that fact in. Probably especially so because they asked him to lay low and he hasn't.

I suppose that's possible. Doesn't seem necessary tho. Tho Ben has gotten some blame, I think most are looking at Brown as the "bad" guy. I think it was just naivety. 

8 hours ago, Chieferific said:

What'd they think he'd say? Why even ask?

Honestly, I think they did this, then put it out there, to start putting out a counter to everything AB is saying.  And I'm watching GMFB on NFLN this morning, and for a while they have been taking the side of Brown/Bell against the Steelers.  And then this morning, with everything Brown said, they suddenly flipped because they were able to point out all the things where he contradicted known things.

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Because they have Matthew Thomas. >:(

Bush may be on there radar now. He kinda seems like a Raven type of Backer. 

I really hope we go out and get CJ Mosley. But I also wouldn't hate it if we ended up with another first-round pick and ended up with Byron Murphy and Devin bush and CJ Mosley

• Like 1