2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

3 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Can easily add about $15 mill in room with a few extensions and cuts...maybe even $20 mill.

If they keep Dupree at his current cost, it just proves even further how stupid our front office is IMO.

• Like 2

Ben extension could clear $5 mill easily...I still think a Haden extension is necessary and could clear another $3-5 mill as well...not to mention Pouncey.

The current $10 mill in cap room is for draft class and in season emergencies.

The Raiders are still in the mix but it sounds more and more like the Skins and Titans are the leading candidates. The Skins #15 seems to high to me. The Titans #19 seems high but possible. If it is between these 2 teams my GUESS is it will be a 2nd rdr and maybe some other compensation. 

I would love to see Brown in Washington with their current QB situation. That would be hilarious. I'm sure they will pick up a veteran or draft one but still if he whined about Ben can you imagine what he would do there? Snyder is the type of owner that loves big name guys.

Titans are interesting since they were the ones that took Evans from the Steelers. I would drool over getting Byard from them. A safety that intercepts the football. What a concept.

The waiting game continues. Who will make the move?

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

According to Adam Schefter the Raiders have not offered a 2nd Rounder, which means probably no team has offered a 2nd Rounder. 3rd and 5th is my guess so far.

If that's the top offer for Brown, I rather keep him and have him sit the entire year.  

• Like 2

Brown has nobody to blame but himself if a deal isn't reached here.  Prior to week 17, you could expect a first and a 3rd for him.  Now, nobody is even willing to offer a second?  The story changes every day so I don't know what's true and what's not thus I have no idea how this will all turn out but I believe Colbert when he says they won't deal him if it doesn't benefit the team.  And I don't think dealing him for a third benefits the team.  

Just now, August4th said:

Colbert does not strike me as the petty type

so, he will accept a bad deal over keeping AB against his wishes. He also had no problems trading Holmes for a 5th to a AFC contender back in 09(although that worked out)

Maybe.  But I'm not sure it could be categorized as being petty.  It would just not benefit the Steelers to deal him at his lowest value.  You'd be better off keeping him and hoping to smooth things over (and risking him sitting out all year) than dealing one of the 3-5 best skill position players in the league for a 3rd round pick.

• Like 1