2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

4 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Maybe.  But I'm not sure it could be categorized as being petty.  It would just not benefit the Steelers to deal him at his lowest value.  You'd be better off keeping him and hoping to smooth things over (and risking him sitting out all year) than dealing one of the 3-5 best skill position players in the league for a 3rd round pick.

sadly, I think Colbert will be fine with just getting a 3rd and 5th for AB. I hope I'm wrong

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

Colbert does not strike me as the petty type

so, he will accept a bad deal over keeping AB against his wishes. He also had no problems trading Holmes for a 5th to a AFC contender back in 09(although that worked out)

If the Steelers trade him for ****y value, I won't watch the Steelers again until that ***** Colbert is gone, and he can take Tomlin with him.

Trading in just to get him off the team sets such a terrible precedent for the entire League, and makes the Steelers front office look like pushovers... And if they are, I'm out.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If the Steelers trade him for ****y value, I won't watch the Steelers again until that ***** Colbert is gone, and he can take Tomlin with him.

Trading in just to get him off the team sets such a terrible precedent for the entire League, and makes the Steelers front office look like pushovers... And if they are, I'm out.

Well to be fair the Steelers really got over on the Raiders for Martavis last year. That guy should of been traded for a 6th and they looked like geniuses. This would kind of even things out. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Well to be fair the Steelers really got over on the Raiders for Martavis last year. That guy should of been traded for a 6th and they looked like geniuses. This would kind of even things out. 

That's not how the NFL works though.  You don't make a bad trade to even out a good trade.  There is no reason to trade him outside of the fact that he wants out: no financial gain, no talent gain.  So the only way you deal him is if you can somewhat make up the talent lost (or so you hope) with a top 40 pick.  

You trade him for a third rounder, you aren't making much, if any, of that talent back and, as 43 said,  (this is the main thing) you look like a complete pushover.  It's a really bad look.  I expect them to stand their ground till they get .75 cents on the dollar.  You just can't deal somebody as good as AB for .10 cents on the dollar

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Haha, no. From a talent standpoint, the trade was pretty fair. It was Martavis Bryant off-field stuff that made it a questionable deal. Trading Brown for scraps wouldn't even anything out. It would just make the Steelers look weak, and send a bad message to players all around the League, that if you raise enough of a stink, you can get what you want.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

looks like all the teams, but the raiders who were rumored to be in trade talks have dropped out

I take this to be a good thing.  In my mind this indicates one of two things: 1) They have an offer they like and nobody can top it or 2) They are standing firm on the price and aren't budging/nobody is willing to meet that price.

I hope it is the first one but like I said before, I strongly believe they should stand firm on the price

Edited by Steelers22

Heard we potentially swap first rounds with the Raiders. Raiders got a cold foot on this one for good reasons but possibly goes with it.

Steelers receive: #4 overall pick and 2nd round, #35 pick

Raiders receive: #20 overall pick and Antonio Brown. 

Possibly including Bud Dupree in the package as well. 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Heard we potentially swap first rounds with the Raiders. Raiders got a cold foot on this one for good reasons but possibly goes with it.

Steelers receive: #4 overall pick and 2nd round, #35 pick

Raiders receive: #20 overall pick and Antonio Brown. 

Possibly including Bud Dupree in the package as well. 

Where’d you hear that?