2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

Just now, wwhickok said:

They need to keep him and drew in the dark until the deal is finalized.

but the team getting AB would want to talk to AB and drew first tho, since AB did this to buf and said he will only play on his terms

I think the only way we trade AB to a team without him agreeing to it, is if we get like a 7th RD pick back ...no team is going to trade any real value for a player who might not show up

why couldn't AB just go behind the scenes to meet colbert and request a trade? why do this so publicity and unprofessionally? I think his main goal is to get released. I think he and the steelers could gotten good deals out of this if he went about this a different way.

13 minutes ago, jebrick said:

No.  If MBC refuses the trade just let him know when the OTA dates are and camp dates and move on from there.

Yup.  And you know what I would say: "You said you wouldn't play elsewhere we tried trades to, so we're going to assume since you are under contract here that you rather be here."

14 minutes ago, August4th said:

but the team getting AB would want to talk to AB and drew first tho, since AB did this to buf and said he will only play on his terms

I think the only way we trade AB to a team without him agreeing to it, is if we get like a 7th RD pick back ...no team is going to trade any real value for a player who might not show up

I dare him not to show up if he is traded. Itll be career suicide.

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

why couldn't AB just go behind the scenes to meet colbert and request a trade? why do this so publicity and unprofessionally? I think his main goal is to get released. I think he and the steelers could gotten good deals out of this if he went about this a different way.

My $0.02 take?

AB started all of this without talking to Rosenhaus first.  Started this trade me rant on his own without consulting others.  I think the meeting with the Rooney's and the appearance on "The Shop" and with ESPN was Rosenhaus booking all of that in an attempt to recoup value.  Drew knows the Steelers wouldn't just cut him.  And then he goes of more in those interviews.

The rumor I heard is if this trade process is tedious, don't be shocked if Rosenhaus dumps him as a client. 

• Like 1