2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

That is a good signing.  If they could not get Roby, Nelson is the next best.

for some reason i thought he had resigned with the chiefs. I have to say i do like this signing and would like to still add one of the top 3 cbs in the draft to really start to remake our back end defensively

For the record this does not change my opinion of Colbert. This one move isnt enough to redeem the mistakes he has made. Doesnt change that it was a good move by him, he deserves credit for that but much of the damage has already been done.

Now we need to get a WR at the very least. And it does NOT have to be to replace AB

Given the money flying around, good buy. Like Dee Ford, though, I think his performance last year may be a bit inflated. Chiefs jumped out on top of teams early and often. Defense knew what was coming from there on out.

Browns interception - score was 37-21, late in 4th quarter.

Cardinals interception - score was 26-14, late in 4th quarter, thrown right to him by a rookie QB who is probably already being shopped by his team.

Jaguars interception - score was 20-0, final drive of half, deflected Bortles pass on a day when Bortles went full Bortles.

Chargers interception - first drive of game, lame duck throw by Rivers under pressure. He does a good job at least playing the ball.

Considering the easy interceptions the Steelers defenders dropped, like ones literally thrown right to them, that's maybe a step-up. But his overall performance was inflated last season, and it wasn't like he was keeping everyone on lock down.

Just now, Livewire said:

Wow. Browns are making some huge moves.

Steelers should stop screwing around and go pay Earl Thomas. That's a guy you can get several very good years out of who is a legit ballhawk. Everyone else wants to screw around with these marginal players. Like, they wanted to pay Roby $10 mil a year? Go throw that money at the best safety of his generation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Steelers should stop screwing around and go pay Earl Thomas. That's a guy you can get several very good years out of who is a legit ballhawk. Everyone else wants to screw around with these marginal players. Like, they wanted to pay Roby $10 mil a year? Go throw that money at the best safety of his generation.

Despite thinking Thomas is a bit overrated, I’d be all for it.

3 yr $48 mill...

Thry has 12 mill before Nelson...im guessing yr1 cap hit of $4-5 mill...so $7 mill left...Ben extension and Burnett June 1 release...tat adds $10 mill or so...it’s doable.

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Thomas wants 2 year 30 mil fully guaranteed. That would be a big big move that would require a Ben extension atleast