2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

11 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

It does smell like the Eagles “Dream Team” offseason. I think they’re setting themselves up very nicely though. A truly exciting time for Browns faithfuls.

The question marks are what Mayfield does in year two, combined with the head coach. The talent is there on that roster, though. Earl Thomas and OBJ are legitimate generational talents.

I'll give it a few days before I officially give up on Colbert, but the Tombert or Colmlin regime as a whole is just too fat and happy. Neither one has any fear of losing their job and it shows.

Edited by CKSteeler
  • Like 1

not gonna lie... this franchise is giving me similar vibes I had after 2011. Felt like they were about to take a step back and they did in 12 and 13

what makes this worse tho is those teams had a early 30's Ben to help bring it back up quickly in 2014 with the killers B's. but if we take a step back again for a yr or two ..will a 38-39 yr old Ben be able to lead us? I think the team will be good this yr...but man, I'm kinda nervous about the yrs after it with a aging franchise QB being so important to our success

Edited by August4th

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

At this point, if I were the Patriots I'd be screwing with the Steelers constantly. They supposedly offered their 4th rounder instead of a 5th like the Raiders to get Brown. All of 6 draft slots. How serious could that offer have been? They know their in the heads of the entire franchise.

Regardless, I don't care if NE offered money. I know what this guy brings to the table as a Steeler. It doesn't matter what Belichick could do with him. Tomlin isn't Belichick.

Paying $13m a year between Dupree and Chickillo....

Its just comical at this point how incompetent this front office is.

Fire Tomlin....fire Colbert....trade Ben....start from scratch....

Not even joking.   They dont care about trying harder to win with Ben.    They are content stewing in mediocrity.

This team isnt going anywhere until there is a regime change.....and moron Art Rooney II stays out of the football operations of the team.   

• Like 2

so in the last 3-4 months I've seen

-steelers blow a div lead to a ravens team led by a RB playing QB. oh, and all our loses were heartbreaking

- the worse pats team in years, somehow wins a SB by keeping the wiz kid mcvay offense to 3 pts in dud of a superbowl

- our best player going awol and demanding a trade

- getting a 3rd and 5th for that player with 21 dead cap space

- a div rival trades for odell

whats next?