2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

Just now, DaRealTitletown said:

Man the giants are confusing

I'm just going to jump out on a limb here and suggested that the Giants are about ready to enter the phase of a complete rebuild and I feel like to do that they wanted a different culture in the locker room which meant getting rid of Odell Beckham jr. Because it would not Shock me at all if the Giants drafted a quarterback in the first round this season

4 minutes ago, 95lloyd said:

Justin Houston and the #Steelers are in the process of finalizing a deal. Note: may not be announced until after a few other moves (extension/cut) happen.

Hope this is true, don't really know the guy but he called the Moncrief signing before it happened so here is hoping.

I like this move if its true and we have all agreed we need leadership in the locker room. Imo, we are getting it with Houston.

40 minutes ago, 95lloyd said:

Justin Houston and the #Steelers are in the process of finalizing a deal. Note: may not be announced until after a few other moves (extension/cut) happen.

Hope this is true, don't really know the guy but he called the Moncrief signing before it happened so here is hoping.

He also reported Golden Tate was going to the Patriots.  I don't know who this guy is but I don't trust him very much

10 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

He also reported Golden Tate was going to the Patriots.  I don't know who this guy is but I don't trust him very much

He said his guess was.

Seemed to be 1st on Tate and Moncrief though FWIW.

Very interesting.

5 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:
Breaking: Golden Tate expected to finalize deal with #Patriots. As I reported Sunday, he met with #Steelers and they we’re back up option but chose New England. #Cowboys also showed some interest.

That was his tweet.  I've never heard of the guy but he seems to be jumping the gun a bit

Stand corrected...we shall see.

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Went back in his timeline. He also said don’t expect the Steelers to sign Houston. 

It was cap related, but still. Would love the Houston deal. Would like to hear it from somewhere else first. 

I would love to see Houston on this team.  Watt and Houston would be a great combo and maybe we wouldn't have to blitz so much to produce pressure.  

That being said, it would also make the Dupree and Chickillo moves that much more curious

Definitely can see Houston signing happen. If moves; I think I expect it to be Big Ben's contract extension and trade away Dupree. The thing about the whole thing; we actually can afford the luxury to backload the contracts. We may finally see the defense we have been desiring to see. Holy cow.

The thought of Watt/Houston with one of the top ILB in draft playing in a 4-2-5 scheme is even more exciting. 

I also suspect they are hanging on Burnett until we have replaced him as a dime linebacker. Yes, I think we may go ILB/S twice in top 4 picks or sign Tre Boston.

• Like 1