2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

If one of the top 3 CBs is there and they choose a TE I will not be happy. 

I agree with you completely. I'm not completely upset with the choice of inside linebacker Mark Barron is a decent coverage linebacker but I also think that it is going to give Kevin Colbert the mindset that he can ignore the position in the first round and possibly in the draft all together and a weekend Patchwork the defense through the season. Ever since even before Kevin Colbert selected a third-round safety in the first round I've had serious doubts about Kevin Kohlberg's ability to be a good GM. I'm sorry but talent-wise there is no way that Mark Barron is a better option in Zac Brown. Maybe it was a money thing. But then of course the article comes out describing Mike Mayock's comments about how Kevin Colbert came to them pretty much in an act of desperation and took the third round pick that Mike Mayock suggested they would be willing to offer as the best offer from Oakland. It's not a good look when you're a desperate team for a team that has never been desperate not truly. The media is in a circus in Pittsburgh. From the talk of Ben being the root of the problem even though I think we can all agree even if Ben is part of the problem he is not the problem the problem was traded. Then the "Steelers' SB window has slammed shut" and all this crap.

Colbert and Tomlin have made this team a complete embarrassment of its history.

So, Mark Barron as some have already suggested was signed essentially to replace Morgan Burnett who will most likely be cut after June 1st. Makes sense, he is a former safety who plays LB very well. He will help fix our coverage issues. It also suggests to me that S, ILB, and TE are very clearly gonna be our priorities in the draft. But I also think WR and RB (need a true runner behind Conner) will be above DL, OL, CB. Idk where OLB/Edge will come in.

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So, Mark Barron as some have already suggested was signed essentially to replace Morgan Burnett who will most likely be cut after June 1st. Makes sense, he is a former safety who plays LB very well. He will help fix our coverage issues. It also suggests to me that S, ILB, and TE are very clearly gonna be our priorities in the draft. But I also think WR and RB (need a true runner behind Conner) will be above DL, OL, CB. Idk where OLB/Edge will come in.

I have been wondering if we could throw a later pick at the bears for howard to take care of our rb2 spot. I like him more than the day 3 rbs this year

I’m not sure how Barron replaces Burnett at this moment. Functionally on the football field? Yeah, I understand. But on a depth chart? He can’t be the third saftey. We either need to sign one or two S to make Burnett expendable.

We aren’t deep there to begin with, we can’t cut our only depth we currently have. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m not sure how Barron replaces Burnett at this moment. Functionally on the football field? Yeah, I understand. But on a depth chart? He can’t be the third saftey. We either need to sign one or two S to make Burnett expendable.

We aren’t deep there to begin with, we can’t cut our only depth we currently have. 

Id still like to see us sign Tre Boston, and then draft one to compete with Marcus Allen.

12 minutes ago, DaRealTitletown said:

I'd like to see Marcus Allen become a true linebacker not a linebacker with 10 more pounds put on

Allen's hips are tighter then a pickle jar. I just don't see him as a every down player at any position.  He's too light for a Buck. Maybe could be a Dimebacker. Just don't ask him to cover anybody or get to the Flats in time. 

6 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Allen's hips are tighter then a pickle jar.

This made me laugh harder than it should have.    Never heard that one before.

Allen will never be a starter.   There is nothing about his game that really sticks out in anyway.  If he becomes a capable backup, we should consider ourselves lucky.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

It also suggests to me that S, ILB, and TE are very clearly gonna be our priorities in the draft. But I also think WR and RB (need a true runner behind Conner) will be above DL, OL, CB. Idk where OLB/Edge will come in

I disagree about CB being that low of a priority.  Haden is past 30, and Nelson is not a true #1.  Sutton, Burns and Hilton all are not ready to play meaningful snaps if one of the starters go down.  Sensabaugh was not resigned.  I would think that CB would be one of the first 3 draft picks, for sure.  I mean, like it or not, both of our starting safties are young.

First four picks are CB, LB, Edge and WR in some order.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Am I the only one who sees Barron as an LJ Fort replacement instead of a Morgan Burnett replacement? Barron played almost every snap at inside linebacker for the Rams. 

• Like 1