2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

I didn't read the Bell article. So I dont know how he spun it but the "gamble" was a failure. He thought he was gonna get AT LEAST $15 mill a year so he turned down a Steeler offer that ultimately turned out to be better then the Jets. He is now eating humble pie and trying to make it sound like it was his master plan all along. I'm sure he'll "dis" the Steelers in some of his sweet new rap songs. 

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I didn't read the Bell article. So I dont know how he spun it but the "gamble" was a failure. He thought he was gonna get AT LEAST $15 mill a year so he turned down a Steeler offer that ultimately turned out to be better then the Jets. He is now eating humble pie and trying to make it sound like it was his master plan all along. I'm sure he'll "dis" the Steelers in some of his sweet new rap songs. 

He spun it as his time in Pittsburgh run it's course, Ben has too much say, he was struggling to get what he wanted, wasn't used in game plans the way he wanted to be used, and he got the guarantees he wanted.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

He spun it as his time in Pittsburgh run it's course, Ben has too much say, he was struggling to get what he wanted, wasn't used in game plans the way he wanted to be used, and he got the guarantees he wanted.

I've seen different figures posted. Some said he got $5 mill more guaranteed. Some said $10 mill. TO ME, neither was worth the difference in contracts. He can try and spin it how he wants. The bottom line is he thought he was going to get more then he did. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

I've seen different figures posted. Some said he got $5 mill more guaranteed. Some said $10 mill. TO ME, neither was worth the difference in contracts. He can try and spin it how he wants. The bottom line is he thought he was going to get more then he did. 

He's spinning it as "$10mil signing bonus" and ignoring the $10mil roster bonus that would have been paid 5 days later.

Hearing Brown and now Bell cry that they weren't happy with how close they were to Ben has probably be one of the more entertaining aspects of all this. Two grown men complaining that they weren't close enough with another grown man. Bell wanted to be his friend? You have two guys who are throwing the franchise under the bus because they both wanted to get paid top dollar. Bell is going to throw teammates under the bus to rehabilitate his own image.

Why did your teammates trash  you? Because you decided to cut off all contact with them and keep them in the dark as to what the hell you were planning.

Honestly though what theyre saying about Ben shouldnt be a surprise to anyone for 2 reasons.

1. Its true.

2. This is the more important one, they want to keep this team surrounded with drama and keep their name in the media.

Ben is a big part of the reason we have been successful and a big part of the reason we haven't gotten back to the SB. But also, so is our defense.

16 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

He very clearly did lose, though. And yet you have guys like Florio running around saying that people aren't getting the point of it all.

I do agree he lost, but if he is happy, good for him.  I'm happy he is gone though.

Florio is garbage.   Just another hack who likes to hear himself talk without actually knowing what he is talking about.