2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

If anyone wants a great laugh at the 1:13 mark Brown says he DOESN'T HAVE AN EGO.xDxDxDWhat a delusional fool. Like Chieferic said, I too have never gone from liking a player a lot to down right disgust so quickly ever in any of my favorite sports teams. Get this trash off of the team.

"He's just trying to win". Weird, I guess that's why he wants a new contract.

Edited by Livewire
  • Like 2

Watching Brown speak, there is something really eerie about him.  It seems like he has identified with this cool-mannered, spiritual being yet his actions reflect a completely different person and there doesn't seem to be a conscience there.  He strikes me as a potential sociopath (sounds kind of dramatic but there is just something off)

14 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Watching Brown speak, there is something really eerie about him.  It seems like he has identified with this cool-mannered, spiritual being yet his actions reflect a completely different person and there doesn't seem to be a conscience there.  He strikes me as a potential sociopath (sounds kind of dramatic but there is just something off)

he's always contradicting himself

notice this during TC when he was annoyed with the attention he receives from the media, but he shows up to camp in a helicopter. I think his issues go beyond Ben and the steelers.

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

DK Metcalf having a 4.33 40 might hurt somewhat Browns market.

To this point, seems like there is a lot of exciting receivers. Maybe not too heavy in the draft, but a lot of potential contributors. 

27 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I’m not sure I follow. Could you clarify?

What war said.  He has 67 career college catches. I know he was hurt last year but even if you average out his catches to games over a full 12...he is under 50 on the year. 

Very little production for a guy with this hype. Some team (the ravens) are going to draft him thinking they get Calvin Johnson and end up with Breshard Perriman (oh, hey Ravens). 

I’m against receivers with limited production (Perriman) or one year wonders (Kevin White) who are dominant forces in shorts going in the first round.

its something I think the Steelers have been tremendous at with drafting receivers.  They find the multi year producers rather than falling in love with size/speed guy. 

So there's a rumor floating around, that everything being done by Brown is being orchestrated by Rosenhaus.  The rumor is stating that with Browns age, and skill level, Rosenhaus thinks Brown is worth one more contract.  So knowing that the Steelers are still at least 2 years away from that, he was doing what he could to get Brown to a team that wouldn't mind paying what he's worth early.  Basically letting Brown become the first 3 big contract WR.

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

DK Metcalf having a 4.33 40 might hurt somewhat Browns market.

I dont think so.  Brown is a proven commodity and one of the best in the league.  We have seen fast WRs bust hard, and Metcalf is not a special talent at all.

The only thing hurting Brown's value is Brown himself....and I'm still not against keeping him and letting him rot on the bench if we cant get AT LEAST a top 50 pick.  And then next year, I'd trade him to the absolute worst team I could.

It's sad how much I want this guy to fail going forward given how much I loved him for so long.  

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont think so.  Brown is a proven commodity and one of the best in the league.  We have seen fast WRs bust hard, and Metcalf is not a special talent at all.

The only thing hurting Brown's value is Brown himself....and I'm still not against keeping him and letting him rot on the bench if we cant get AT LEAST a top 50 pick.  And then next year, I'd trade him to the absolute worst team I could.

It's sad how much I want this guy to fail going forward given how much I loved him for so long.  

There's some teams that are going to look at the performance of some of these WR's yesterday and question if AB is really worth it.  If doesn't matter on the seen WR's bust, no special talent.

DK Metcalfs question was speed.  He answered that.  Doesn't matter what we think.  If the Raiders sit there and say, "We can have Metcalf for 5 years at a fraction of the price without the headaches and attitude"; they aren't as interested in Brown suddenly.

11 hours ago, warfelg said:

There's some teams that are going to look at the performance of some of these WR's yesterday and question if AB is really worth it.  If doesn't matter on the seen WR's bust, no special talent.

DK Metcalfs question was speed.  He answered that.  Doesn't matter what we think.  If the Raiders sit there and say, "We can have Metcalf for 5 years at a fraction of the price without the headaches and attitude"; they aren't as interested in Brown suddenly.

First off, this only reaffirms what I said....that Brown is the only one hurting his value.   If not for the "headaches and attitude", there would be no questions.   

Secondly, combine heroes arent new.   They are far from a guarantee to be good.  Metcalf also has more questions than just his speed.    Some team might value him high, but he is far from some slam dunk pick.

Third, a team with a young QB is better off getting a proven commodity than a unproven young WR.    Brown could be invaluable to a young QBs development (well, from a talent standpoint, anyway).

Finally, there arent enough quality WRs in the draft or FA to drive down ABs interest much.   Like I said, the teams that are turned off by his attitude have already dismissed trading for him, and the teams that do have interest arent going to lose interest because they MIGHT get a decent, yet unproven WR, in this draft.

Edited by FourThreeMafia