2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

32 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Barf at Grimble at $2 mill this season.

Another example of the lack of flexibility shown by this front office.  Generally speaking, it is good to build through your draft and invest in your own guys.  But it is moves like this that frustrates fans.  It is clear the team is investing in a player that doesn't have much value in terms of on the field production.  You can't find a better backup TE at 2 million per year in FA?  Of course they can, but they are some skittish towards free agents. 

Why invest in players that clearly don't contribute?  Grimble and Bud Dupree will be taking up nearly 11+ million on the cap this year.  This about that for a minute...

4 hours ago, Steelers22 said:

Grimble and Bud Dupree will be taking up nearly 11+ million on the cap this year.  This about that for a minute...

I agree in general, but little misleading.   Grimble isnt worth $2m but its not really going to mean much to us either way.   And of that $11m, only one of them is glaringly overpaid.   

Steeler fans need to accept that, even with some extra money, we arent going to be wildly active in FA...at least not for any top guys.     I expect us to make signings like maybe Tre Boston and Jordan Matthews....and thats pretty much it.   The rest will be built via the draft and we will likely make some other signings later in the offseason.      

Again, Grumble isnt worth that money, but even if we end up keeping him (which I doubt TBH), that extra million or so isnt going to really go to signing a notably better player.   The money will likely just sit there.     

Raiders have the juice and the motivation to do it.  I would love to see a deal with the Skins.  Perhaps swap 1st rounders and then get something extra ( 2nd rounder perhaps).  I just want to see AB have Colt Mccoy throwing to him for a year or so :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like it may be a one-team race?

Maybe but the Raiders make no sense to me. "Rebuild" mode but trade for an "older" high priced diva WR? Don't get me wrong. I'm all for it. It just doesn't seem to be the way the Raiders are trending right now. 

• Like 1

Any chance that Colbert could ask for Conley in the package for Brown as well? I remember seeing reports last season that the Raiders were listening to offers before the deadline. Not sure how accurate those reports were. Raiders fans would know more about that than I would.

Hopefully this deal, to whoever, will be done by the week so we can all move on from this needless drama.