2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

33 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Any chance that Colbert could ask for Conley in the package for Brown as well? I remember seeing reports last season that the Raiders were listening to offers before the deadline. Not sure how accurate those reports were. Raiders fans would know more about that than I would.

Hopefully this deal, to whoever, will be done by the week so we can all move on from this needless drama.

I’d prefer their early 3rd...perfect time due to draft depth at TE or DL...both of which are probably 2nd tier needs.

Just my .02

• Like 1

We are not trading Conley, he is the only player on our roster that is not up for trade. You'd have to give us Brown plus a 3rd of your own.

As for the Brown trade, do you guys need a G? I doubt the Raiders will give up #27 and I doubt the Steelers will accept #35. So they will have to meet somewhere in the middle. Perhaps G Osemele and #35? Osemele is being shopped around.

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I guess that means Foster is likely walking. 

I'm not sure it necessarily means that.  It definitely protects them in case that happens but he is plenty valuable as a high end backup at 3 million (Xavier Grimble is getting 2 million...)

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We are not trading Conley, he is the only player on our roster that is not up for trade. You'd have to give us Brown plus a 3rd of your own.

As for the Brown trade, do you guys need a G? I doubt the Raiders will give up #27 and I doubt the Steelers will accept #35. So they will have to meet somewhere in the middle. Perhaps G Osemele and #35? Osemele is being shopped around.

We don't need a guard and Conley is not worth Antonio Brown  3rd at this point in his career. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dude,  the Raiders just gave up a 3rd for Martavis Bryant.  

I’m not sure a 1st for arguably the best WR in the NFL is a stretch even with his baggage.

2 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Dude,  the Raiders just gave up a 3rd for Martavis Bryant.  

I’m not sure a 1st for arguably the best WR in the NFL is a stretch even with his baggage.

And I’m sure they learned from their mistake. Hard to imagine AB going for pick 27 straight up but I could be wrong. 

Maybe #35 and a 5th Rounder. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

And I’m sure they learned from their mistake. Hard to imagine AB going for pick 27 straight up but I could be wrong. 

Maybe #35 and a 5th Rounder. 

I mean, they are completely different situations.

Martavis was an idiot who was suspended numerous times already, and while he had talent, he was always extremely inconsistent.   He was a huge wild card on and off the field.

Brown, despite his baggage, is the most consistently reliable WR in the league in regards to talent and production.   And even if he is an idiot in his own way, you dont have to worry about him being suspended for the same reasons MB was.

Honestly, I dont think Brown to the Raiders makes a lot of sense, but that doesnt mean it wont happen.  :|

16 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I mean, they are completely different situations.

Martavis was an idiot who was suspended numerous times already, and while he had talent, he was always extremely inconsistent.   He was a huge wild card on and off the field.

Brown, despite his baggage, is the most consistently reliable WR in the league in regards to talent and production.   And even if he is an idiot in his own way, you dont have to worry about him being suspended for the same reasons MB was.

Honestly, I dont think Brown to the Raiders makes a lot of sense, but that doesnt mean it wont happen.  :|

Agreed and #27 overall (if not #24) sounds about right to me. 

Edited by Chieferific