2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

11 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Now here's where we can get real clownish. Ben doesn't practice on certain Wednesdays. An arrangement he has with the team, but some of you obsess over. And you are comparing that to a guy POUTING.

This is, by far, the most clownish argument I've seen put forth by the astute cohort around here.

Not comparing them at all. Just pointing out how great of a teammate Big Ben is. No one would quarrel with him. Ever! 

I think if this team did fire Tomlin, it wouldn't happen until the 2nd or 3rd.  But again, I wouldn't fire him because someone wants to sign him, and you could get compensation for him if you wanted to.  And if you did let him go Adam Gase should be the first call.

Aditi is saying this has been bubbling since the spring when Ben decided to take his family on vacation rather than show up to mini-camp and Brown called Ben upset that Ben let it be known he will be skipping something when Brown shows up for everything.

And that festered for 6 months causing Brown to throw a temper tantrum?

Look at what Brown has done in the past 12 months or so(IIRC)...

-Facebook lived while Tomlin talking to team

-Threatening his kids Mom on social media

-Speeding going 100 mph(I drove thru the area this occurred...lucky he didn’t kill anybody)

-Apparently calling cops and slamming door in their fave

-Throwing furniture off balcony coming relatively close to a small kid

-Reportedly has missed several charity and public events with no excuse given

-IIRC didn’t he threaten some local reporter or former employee over social media?

And now this...if true, he walked off, went AWOL for few days and thought he could just show up and play?

This is already in Diva territory coming close to TO or Ocho Cinco territory.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

7 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

And that festered for 6 months causing Brown to throw a temper tantrum?

Why is it this is the first place people go? Obviously it's not what festered for 9 months.  But she was reporting that's what started the issue between the two.

59 minutes ago, warfelg said:

How much was he on the field this year?

You knew what I meant! ;)

Im not saying that I disagree with parting ways with him but theyre not going to.  First rounds are typically not cut that soon.  Plus, he had a credible 2017 season.  At worst he will be back in special teams.

Edited by DR43