2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

If Brown nixed a good trade, I 100% just tell him no trade will happen then and he can sit 3+ years (would consider franchise/transition tag or whatever just to show him he has no control). If he sits, he doesn't get paid anyway, you just prevent him from going elsewhere and likely retire due to his stupid, childish tantrum.

So who's left for AB? Bills, Jets, Cards, 49rs have said they're out. Perhaps the Raiders are still in the mix. The Colts have the most cap room and not much behind TY (Inman and Grant). The #26 doesn't seem to costly. Shoot, they could afford Bell and AB. Makes sense to me. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Missed that. Bell has been linked to them. Did they make a similar statement on him?

Kinda. Said they are happy with that they have but are willing to upgrade at the right price. 

35 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Have you guys heard anything regarding potential compensation? Any legit pricing demands, rumors of what's been offered,. etc?

Nope. We just know the Steelers would like a first. In terms of Browns demands, no one knows and he won’t say. 

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Kinda. Said they are happy with that they have but are willing to upgrade at the right price. 

To me that would/should be MOST teams. I know the Cards have said they're out but if they take Murray, a trio of Murray/Brown/DJ could be lethal. Of course they need OL help but a scrambling Murray and AB could help until it's upgraded. I'd take a 2nd Rdr and bring Fitz back to the Burgh.  Win/Win. I thought we were so close this morning. Now I can't help but trying to come up w/scenarios. 

Just now, Chieferific said:

To me that would/should be MOST teams. I know the Cards have said they're out but if they take Murray, a trio of Murray/Brown/DJ could be lethal. Of course they need OL help but a scrambling Murray and AB could help until it's upgraded. I'd take a 2nd Rdr and bring Fitz back to the Burgh.  Win/Win. I thought we were so close this morning. Now I can't help but trying to come up w/scenarios. 

They would be out because what’s the point of pulling that headache in when you have a legend calling him out, a rookie QB who wouldn’t need a WR throwing diva fits, and a trash OL. 

I think they they should be making a move for Gilbert. 2020 6th conditional 5th. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

They would be out because what’s the point of pulling that headache in when you have a legend calling him out, a rookie QB who wouldn’t need a WR throwing diva fits, and a trash OL. 

I think they they should be making a move for Gilbert. 2020 6th conditional 5th. 

Maybe. I'd do it if I were the Cards. AB didn't always act this way. But I do agree, PR wise it would look a little funny getting rid of Fitz and bringing in AB. Football wise it would be a great move.