2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Gilbert to the Cards for a 6th. 

this is a good move. we add almost 5 mil in cap space, we have his younger replacement already in place, and get another day 3 pick to add in expensive depth to the roster.

Cards get a good upgrade to their line so i think this is win win all around

• Like 1

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Antonio Brown wants to be the highest-paid receiver in the league.

According to Breer, the deal with the Bills dissolved in part because of Brown's contract demands, and the same thing happened with another potential suitor earlier in the week. Brown recently said he is "going to play by [his] rules," and those rules seem to include a raise on the little over $12 million per year he is scheduled to make the next three seasons. Unless he is willing to walk back those contract demands, the Steelers will have a tough time moving him despite his immense talent.

He will remain a Steeler

9 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m waiting for Morgan Burnett to see the saftey market and send out a “STEELERS 4 LYFE” tweet. 

Imo they need to cut him

They need to get rid of all potential cancers.

The way Gilbert went out, with dignity and respect, made me appreciate him that much more. For the record, i hated the pick of Gilbert for a long time, but he became a very good RT and i hope he does well in AZ

I feel like I might be taking crazy pills but I think signing Bucannon and Markus Golden would make our defense really good. I feel like when we had Shazier we relied on his talent too much. We’ve improved our overall talent but currently we lack the guy to be the Shazier(he doesn’t even have to be as good as Shaz because the defense around him is better). Bucannon can do that.

Next major weak link is pass rush. Golden is a stud at that. He’ll be cheap because there’s a bunch of bigger names out there at his position. A rotation of Watt, Bud, Golden, maybe Ola sure sounds a lot better than last years Bud, Watt, and Chick, right?

Draft a corner. Voila, defense fixed. I think if they did that and got a 1st for AB, took a offensive skill position with the AB first, we’re a strong contender.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Are we gonna cut Burnett? Anyone got a thought on that?

Also...Dupree? Colbert suggested he wouldnt play on that $9M, but of course his word is worth dog crap now. 

All indications are Dupree will play on that. And it’s 1 year and accounted for in the cap. Who cares. 

And I said it at the start of the offseason: cutting Dupree just creates another hole for us to force a pick or spend more. 

Edited by warfelg