2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

19 minutes ago, oksteeler said:

One of the things that makes me proud to be a Steeler fan has been the consistency of our organization. We don't gamble. We build thru the draft. You know the story.

But now, we have a team with too many holes to fill. We traded away Brown (as we should have) but only netted picks (should have included at least one player).

We have a coach that may not have command of the locker room.

We pride ourselves in never taking big chances in trades, FA or the draft and yet this is probably the time we should be doing exactly that with an aging Ben.

If we don't get aggressive and improve, then yes we should clean house in the front office.

The NFL is cyclical.  The Steelers have not had a losing record since 2006.  That is a lot of late round drafting.  It is a lot like the Colts in the 90's where they had 12 seasons of 12 wins or better.  The lack of top end talent begins to show.  Especially in their depth.

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will watch for Markus Golden myself.

I'm a big fan of Golden. Stout against the run and can get after the QB. Should be a chance to get him on an affordable deal. 

I'd like to sign Tre Boston, Bradley Roby(pipe dream, I know), Markus Golden, and Deone Bucannon. Maybe try to grab Everson Griffen if he comes available. I'd even take one of the lesser CBs, like Desir, instead of Roby. If we can swing those dudes, our defense is fixed. Draft a WR or TE in the first like Hakeem Butler, Hock, or Fant. Super Bowl contender. 

I'm not saying it doesn't count for anything and I get a philosophy behind not having losing Seasons since 2006 but isn't every season for 31 teams technically a losing season? The only point I'm attempting to make here is at some point getting deep into the playoffs is not enough in this team has been in the past talented enough to win Super Bowls and have failed to do so and both in free agency and in the draft this front office has failed numerous times over the last four to five seasons. When you fail in the first round on top of having a late first-round pick your problems are polarized

41 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Bell is down to the Jets and Ravens.

I want Bell to sign with the ravens for 17+ mil per. He is a great rb but his worst fit for a system is RPO so overspending on a not so ideal fit is what i like to see.

As for us i think i would rather have tate at 8-9 per over williams at 12-13 per. Also curious to see when buchanon rumors start to heat up

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Apparently its Cleveland.

Antonio Brown has me permanently scared of psychopaths now.  Cleveland would be getting a massive talent but not sure his attitude is worth the 2 first rounders they probably want to acquire him

• Like 1