2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

Maybe I am too excited but if signing of Steven Nelson really has me excited.

Having said that I want to bring up something that was previously said.

Steven Nelson's production may be somewhat inflated because the Kansas City Chiefs have a very good front seven. A really good front seven can make almost any secondary look really really good. Having said that Steven Nelson has been pretty nice and throughout his career and this is a guy who was brought in by the Pittsburgh Steelers for pre-draft visit back in 2015

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If Nelson and Chicks deals are the $8.5m and $4m in year 1 cap hit, we just spent our entire FA without other moves.

feel like they can find someone cheaper in the FA bin or mid-rds of the draft to give what chick gives us... oh well

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

feel like they can find someone cheaper in the FA bin or mid-rds of the draft to give what chick gives us... oh well

Or a rookie. Like with most teams. Or one of the two other guys they've kept around on the roster or practice squad who wouldn't be noticeably worse.

At first, I read the deal as $8 mil over 4 years and I was like that's a waste of cap space, especially at this point in time. Then I realized it was 2 years and I wanted to vomit.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I would have felt 20, Raiders Pick, Sean Davis for OBJ easily. Just as good package too. 

And you'd have nearly $40 million in cap space tied up in that one WR position.

But I guess when you have $12 million or so wrapped up in Dupree and Chick, why the hell not?

Edited by CKSteeler
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, August4th said:

would be funny with all this browns hype up they end up with a 8-8 season.

they look real promising tho... would be refreshing to actually look forward to brown v steeler games for the first time since 07?

It does smell like the Eagles “Dream Team” offseason. I think they’re setting themselves up very nicely though. A truly exciting time for Browns faithfuls.