2019 NFL Draft Thread: Official Visits Time

Nick

What's new, we always seem to be picking in this range. Last time we held the 9th pick overall we selected C.J. Spiller (2010). 

This years class is loaded with defensive line talent, much of which will gone in the top 5, but you could see a name or two fall.

Dwayne Haskins and potentially Drew Lock and Will Grier will shake things up in our favor. Let's hope QB-needy teams want to jump us or even better, make us an offer.

As far as our needs and outlook for pick 9, I think we'd be wise to go after the BPA at OL or DL given the talent available. Whether that's Ed Oliver or Jonah Williams (the only likely candidates I see MAYBE falling to us). Also worth mentioning Greg Little as another option at OL. Don't rule out pass rusher too, a guy like Clelin Ferrell.

If not, we have a need at #2 corner opposite Tre' White. Greedy Williams, DeAndre Baker and Byron Murphy are guys to keep an eye on there.

And of course, WR is a big need. Getting Josh Allen a bonafide #1 WR would be a massive get for us this year. My favorite WR prospect is N'Keal Harry. But keep an eye on D.K. Metcalf and Riley Ridley as well.

Free agency aside, what are you hoping we do with the pick?

Everyone would love to see a trade down of course. But if we stay, I hope we end up with Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams, N'Keal Harry and Greedy Williams in that order. 

Well I figure that both Bosa and Quinenn Williams will be off the board with the top 2 picks. So I wont even think that this is a possibility. My top guys would be:

1 Greedy Williams CB LSU, he would pair up nicely with Tre White and Turon Johnson. The back 5 would be scary good and can shut the passing game down for good. 
2. Devin White LB LSU, he could be that guy to fill in for the future of Lorenzo Alexander, he has great sideline to sideline speed and can rush the passer as well as drop back in coverage. Having him Edmunds and Milano as the LB corps could be McDermotts dream come true.
3. Ed Oliver DT Houston, with Kyle Williams retiring he could be the DT that could shine on this dline with Harrison Phillips and hopefully Jordan Phillips is retained giving this 4some a nightmare for interior olineman.
4. Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson, could be the back up option if Oliver is off the board he has shown promise but with his failed drug test this may cause some concern from Beane and McDermott.
5. Jonah Williams OT Alabama, he is said to be the bet olineman in the draft if he is available he can always add to a oline needy team. I expect the bills to go big on oline in free agency but adding depth is always good.

WR is something I would like for them to look at in FA and 2nd round im not saying the guys that are being looked at early couldnt contribute but i think they arent all polished and ready to be an immediate impact day one which is what I am hoping for through other avenues. 

I also believe that this QB class is the weakest one since 2013 and do not see a qb being looked at in the top 10 so a player dropping or trading back may not happen. I say stick to pick 9/10 and hopefully land one of the 5 i mentioned. IMO

3 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Let's not forget Kelvin Harmon. I think we are gonna fall in love with a player like that. Tall, fast and productive. By time process is over I see him as a top 8-15 player

Good player for sure. I feel the exact same way about Harry. Has a cool story that I could see Beane and McDermott falling in love with. Still need to do more research though but from the interviews I have seen, he seems like a Buffalo fit.

My concern with WR thinking about the draft as a whole, it's a deeper position with a talent between 1st and 2nd round guys being pretty similar. We might be better off grabbing BPA at another position of need.

17 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Good player for sure. I feel the exact same way about Harry. Has a cool story that I could see Beane and McDermott falling in love with. Still need to do more research though but from the interviews I have seen, he seems like a Buffalo fit.

My concern with WR thinking about the draft as a whole, it's a deeper position with a talent between 1st and 2nd round guys being pretty similar. We might be better off grabbing BPA at another position of need.

As long as it's offensive side of the ball. I prefer to add atop notch TE with our second pick. That will killed two birds with one stone. Adds recieving and blocking help.

Beane at his year end presser reiterated he refuses to reach for guys to fill a position and will solely base his picks on BPA at what him, McDermott, and the Scouts believe as the Best player at 9 when they are on the clock. So if they feel that any WR is no where near the top of the board which most "executive scouts" are saying there isn't one, then they will likely go Defense or Oline. Trading down may end up being an option for the right price as they have shown in the last 2 years they arent scared of moving up or down in the draft. Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, Deionte Thompson, Devin White, Greedy Williams, Rashan Grey, and Jonah Williams are likely the top 9 guys based off right now. With the combine coming up it can easily change for skill guys to climb up the boards but this draft is very top heavy with defensive guys.

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Sign Golden Tate, try and trade back into the teens and take either Harry or Metcalf.

Tate and Jones work the middle of the field, Metcalf/Harry and Foster are the deep threats off of play action and McKenzie does the short and gadet type things. 

Sign me up.

Wonder if Beane would make a deal with Miami at 13 so they can grab a QB ahead of Denver. Or maybe a team like Pittsburgh and to a lesser extent, LA Chargers or Patriots want to jump up and grab their Ben/Rivers/Brady replacement.

It's a shame this QB class looks so weak. 

36 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Sign me up.

Wonder if Beane would make a deal with Miami at 13 so they can grab a QB ahead of Denver. Or maybe a team like Pittsburgh and to a lesser extent, LA Chargers or Patriots want to jump up and grab their Ben/Rivers/Brady replacement.

It's a shame this QB class looks so weak. 

Dont see any team moving up for a qb in this draft. Think it is going to be similar to 2013 draft where a team is interested in a QB but is willing to trade down to get him in hopes of a team interested in another player to move up like the bills did with Tavon Austin and Ej Manuel. 

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Dont see any team moving up for a qb in this draft. Think it is going to be similar to 2013 draft where a team is interested in a QB but is willing to trade down to get him in hopes of a team interested in another player to move up like the bills did with Tavon Austin and Ej Manuel. 

if Haskins declares he will go top 10.

Daniel Jones could be a top 20 pick when it is all said and done. I don't see Grier or Lock being first round guys as of right now.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

if Haskins declares he will go top 10.

Daniel Jones could be a top 20 pick when it is all said and done. I don't see Grier or Lock being first round guys as of right now.

If haskins is in the draft and a team like him, they arent waiting until pick 9 when you have both giants and jags ahead of the draft order to stop the 3rd team like denver from getting him. I guess the only way to figure out this stuff is via combine and free agency but imo I dont see haskins as a pro qb. Ohio St has proven their QBs suck, cant remember the last good one that actually started in the NFL and was good. 

Archived