2019 NFL Draft Thread: Official Visits Time

Nick

18 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

You could also argue that him taking Flacco to help win now (which probably won't happen cuz he's trash) AND drafting a QB early buys him more time at his job.

Simply put, you can't definitively say they won't go after a young QB to mold behind a washed up 34 year old Flacco that can be cut next offseason with zero dead money.

To me, Flacco was brought in to start in 2019 and provide hopefully a better option at QB than Keenum did last year while Drew Lock (rumored Elways loves him particularly) grows for a season. Come 2020 Flacco's salary if off the books and you can draft and sign playmakers for Lock.

I hope they move ahead of the bills for a qb so one more talented player drops im just not buying them doing that. To me it just doesnt make sense you go and pay a guy 2 years 40 mil and then look to release him a year later while trading for a qb with 3 years left at 64 million which produced almost identical stats in the last 3 years. Someone tweeted yesterday a comparison in stats. I know stats dont really give the overall picture but it is interesting.

IN 3 seasons Joe Flacco Started 41 games put up a 63.8% completion averaged 242 yds a game with 50 td and 34 Ints. Case Keenum started 41 games 63.8% completion, averaged 235.1 yards, 49tds and 33 ints. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I hope they move ahead of the bills for a qb so one more talented player drops im just not buying them doing that. To me it just doesnt make sense you go and pay a guy 2 years 40 mil and then look to release him a year later while trading for a qb with 3 years left at 64 million which produced almost identical stats in the last 3 years. Someone tweeted yesterday a comparison in stats. I know stats dont really give the overall picture but it is interesting.

IN 3 seasons Joe Flacco Started 41 games put up a 63.8% completion averaged 242 yds a game with 50 td and 34 Ints. Case Keenum started 41 games 63.8% completion, averaged 235.1 yards, 49tds and 33 ints. 

The Ravens took Lamar Jackson to be the successor to Flacco with his huge contract last year. Makes total sense that the Broncos do the same with a rookie this year. Especially if Flacco continues to be average. Factoring in that they can cut him with zero dead money next season or the season after, it lines them up nicely to try and win now and move forward with the rookie in 2020 if they choose to. 

Of all teams that should know stats don't paint the full picture, it's us given what we went through with Tyrod Taylor. I personally think Keenum and Flacco are both terrible options, but the Broncos must feel that Flacco can excel in the offense they plan to run. Elway does seem to love tall QBs with big arms as well. 

My entire argument is that Denver shouldn't eliminate QB from their list by trading for Flacco. And I don't think they have done that either. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree and see what happens. Like you said, for our sake, I hope they want a QB still to allow more trade possibilities or allow a better talent to fall to us.

8 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm starting to really like Byron Murphy for us. Fits our scheme like a glove. Might not have the potential upside of Greedy Williams but is the better fit

Unless we traded down and grabbed more picks I don't want to see us go CB. 

UDFA Wallace and 4th round pick Johnson have played pretty damn well in McDermott and Fraziers defense. Not sure such a high value pick would be worth it.

45 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Unless we traded down and grabbed more picks I don't want to see us go CB. 

UDFA Wallace and 4th round pick Johnson have played pretty damn well in McDermott and Fraziers defense. Not sure such a high value pick would be worth it.

Johnson is a slot corner, I wouldnt move him outside at any time. As for Levi he only had 7 games under his belt where he played and did a decent job but he is still raw and could easily get exposed. Him taking a step forward in year 2 could be a gamble and I do not want them to risk it. Maybe signing a veteran corner would help out in case he does flop but if Greedy williams is there and is considered Best Player on the board they should take him. To me this draft should be BPA and they already should have their main holes plugged through free agency. If not then they will reach for a position at 9 and I do not see it being a corner in that situation. Either way the bills need more depth at CB outside of those 3 they have guys who are more ST type players then backups at the CB position, like pitts.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Johnson is a slot corner, I wouldnt move him outside at any time. As for Levi he only had 7 games under his belt where he played and did a decent job but he is still raw and could easily get exposed. Him taking a step forward in year 2 could be a gamble and I do not want them to risk it. Maybe signing a veteran corner would help out in case he does flop but if Greedy williams is there and is considered Best Player on the board they should take him. To me this draft should be BPA and they already should have their main holes plugged through free agency. If not then they will reach for a position at 9 and I do not see it being a corner in that situation. Either way the bills need more depth at CB outside of those 3 they have guys who are more ST type players then backups at the CB position, like pitts.

Where Johnson plays wasn't my point. It is the fact that McFrazier can put these guys in a good position and make them better than average.

Sure Wallace could flop. But at least we have seen 7 games of him in the NFL. We have seen 0 from Greedy or Murphy. Not really sure what your point was. I think there is no doubt the Bills add a veteran, likely two, in free agency to push Wallace and Johnson.

EJ Gaines, Leonard Johnson and even Shareece wright occasionally looked good and helped the Bills have one of the best pass defense in the league. It is what the D is designed to do. Greedy Williams won't be the BPA at 9. Heck I bet he slides to the 20's. A corner who struggles tackling is not ideal no matter how good the ball skills may be.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this for the combine discussion.

Any thoughts going into this? Who are you guys keeping an eye on?

For me, I'm primarily interested in the freak athletes that I want on our team, D.K. Metcalf and Ed Oliver specifically. Interested to see how N'Keal Harry, Kelvin Harmon and a few other WRs test out. Keeping my eye on a few RBs and TEs as well. 

I think D.K. Metcalf will win over a lot of Bills fans after his performance (hopefully). IF we solidify OL in free agency, we could be after him, especially if his medical checks out ok. Have a feeling he's going to be the top performer in many categories.

Jonah Williams arms came in at 33 5/8. But only weighs 302. 

I wonder if a team moves him to Center.

The Bills had scouts at 3 Ole Miss games including Beane at one. Bills talked to Lodge at the East-West Shrine Game. Have to think one of their 3 wideouts and or Greg Little ends up in Orchard Park.

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Bills had scouts at 3 Ole Miss games including Beane at one. Bills talked to Lodge at the East-West Shrine Game. Have to think one of their 3 wideouts and or Greg Little ends up in Orchard Park.

Could mean Jawaan Taylor jumps above Jonah Williams for sure now. 

I love the idea of grabbing DeMarkus Lodge in the 4th round if he makes it there. He's very underrated because of how much hype surrounds Metcalf and AJ Brown.

And I hope we stay away from Greg Little in the first round though. Would love to grab him in the second if we go Metcalf or Oliver first.

4 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Could mean Jawaan Taylor jumps above Jonah Williams for sure now. 

I love the idea of grabbing DeMarkus Lodge in the 4th round if he makes it there. He's very underrated because of how much hype surrounds Metcalf and AJ Brown.

And I hope we stay away from Greg Little in the first round though. Would love to grab him in the second if we go Metcalf or Oliver first.

If we come away with one of Taylor, Metcalf or Oliver at 9 I will be a very happy man. I also wouldn't hate double dipping from the Ole Miss WR pool and grab both Metcalf and Lodge later and then dominate in the redzone.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

This is what i have been reading and concerned me before i think he will start off as a RG but he will grow as a LG. Taylor will likely jump him if a team is looking specifically at LT if they need oline help like the bills i think taking either one at 9 would work out well if they do not answer this in free agency.

Ok so D.K. Metcalf and Hakeem Butler are monsters. The wingspan on these guys is nuts. Also, Marquise Brown is tiny.

N'Keal Harry is shorter than expected, measuring in at 6-2 3/8... If he doesn't perform well he's definitely hitting the 2nd-3rd round range. Harmon's measurements included in Harry tweet below.

The WR all seem to have similar qualities, some have pros in areas where they have cons in areas. What is going to set them apart from each other to say that hes the best wr in the draft and needs to be reached at 9? I think if the bills roll the dice and wait to round 2 one of these 4 will be there for them to swoop in. They can add a quality player at 9. Im starting to think more about the bills needing to trade down if they get the chance to. It would be nice to add a top defensive player but it may be better to drop a few spots and pick up an extra 2nd rd pick. 

Bills have reportedly met with
Jonah Williams OT Bama,
Jawaan Taylor OT UF,
Kaleb McGary OT Washington, 
Greg Little OT Ole Miss
Dalton Risner OT WSU
Cody Ford OT Oklahoma
Bobby Evans OT Oklahoma
Dru Samia OG Oklahoma
Erik McCoy Center TAMU
Bryce Love RB Stanford
Alex Ingold FB Wisconsin