2019 NFL Draft Thread: Official Visits Time

Nick

On 3/24/2019 at 12:05 AM, DER10N92 said:

Money goes hand in hand he is looking at 100 million which means he is looking at being the best LB. if thats the case they land a stud LB and a prospect to trade in 5 years if they do not want to pay him. This league is ever changing and if it can be a guy who can put the bills over the top whether its him, or 10 other positions on that defense im all for it. Bills are in a win now mode in 2019 and 2020. If they dont then mcdermott and beane are likely out and a new regime starts the process over. So any player in the draft can make an immediate impact I will want to take him now and let him do his job for the next 5 years in order to keep yours (GM/HC). Every nfl player is looking at a pay day its a business for them and they are going to seek the money no matter what. That is why i think the whole discussion of coming or not coming to Buffalo is a joke. Whether its 90 degrees and sunny or its 40 degrees and snowing your going to go where the money takes you.

What are your guys' thoughts on Montez Sweat or Brian Burns?

If Ed Oliver goes in the top 8 I could see one of those two being the selection based on the BPA philosophy. 

Of course "BPA" is subjective, we could go OL still. 

1 minute ago, NickChowaniec said:

If Ed Oliver goes in the top 8 I could see one of those two being the selection based on the BPA philosophy. 

I like Brian Burns and wouldnt mind this pick at all some say he is a one dimensional pass rusher but he has been a beast and only bright spot for his college team. I think Sweat may drop with his heart condition that has come up, if its nothing serious I see him being the 3rd pass rusher off the board and before the bills pick. I think Burns and Gary are the 2 pass rushers that will be available when the bills pick. It may be a reach at 9 though. To me this is how I see it, The top 5 guys in the draft that are not QBs have been debated on any media website CBS, Si, NFL, Espn etc.. Bosa (pass rusher), Allen (pass rusher), Williams (DT), Oliver (DT) and White (LB). Then you got guys like Sweat who have improved his draft stock in the combine to be the 6th non qb to be taken. With Haskins and Murray likely to be taken at some point that leaves the bills on the clock if this goes down where the top 8 picks are those guys.You now have  Metcalf, Burns, Jonah, Taylor, Gary, Wilkins, Ferrell, hockenson, All seem to be the 2nd tier of players that will be up for taking at 9. If some how Oliver or White fall because a team wants one of those tier 2 guys then I would stay at 9 and take one. If they are not there and a team like Miami (which I doubt pick 13), Washington (15), Giants (17 and do not take a qb at 6), or even a wild card Oakland (24 and 27) are interested in pick 9 to draft Lock or Haskins (if he falls) ahead of denver. I would be happy to trade away 9 for their 1st and 2nd rd pick, unless its Oakland then both 1st rd picks and go from there. The 8 I mentioned one would be bound to fall to the bills at pick 13, 15, or 17 plus getting an extra 2nd rd pick. 

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

I'd much, much rather Christian Wilkins over these guys at 9.

Archived