2019 NFL Draft Thread: Official Visits Time

Nick

10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If haskins is in the draft and a team like him, they arent waiting until pick 9 when you have both giants and jags ahead of the draft order to stop the 3rd team like denver from getting him. I guess the only way to figure out this stuff is via combine and free agency but imo I dont see haskins as a pro qb. Ohio St has proven their QBs suck, cant remember the last good one that actually started in the NFL and was good. 

My reply was more to you saying it'll be like the 2013 draft and less about us being a trade partner for a QB.

If your only reason for Haskins not being a pro QB is because of the school he went to, you need to reevaluate. I haven't seen a single scout say something bad about his game other than probably needing another year of seasoning. Which he would get in New York and Denver

Never said Haskins would be the guy teams would be moving to 9 to get, he'll be gone. Teams will be needing to move up for Daniel Jones and Lock/Grier.

I think this class has some similarities to 2017s in terms of outlook right now (Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes). Early on people weren't expecting any of the QBs to be top picks besides Watson, and many didn't even have them pegged as first rounders at this early stage in the process. Quarterback always gets overdrafted due to the nature of the position and league.

This years class has some talent but obviously not crazy loaded like last years.

Haskins is certainly going top 10 if he declares . Daniel Jones looks to be the second guy to make it into the first round. Drew Lock and Grier have a chance as well.

By the way, saying a certain schools QBs have a history of being bad is a lazy argument against a prospect. No school has a proven track record with QBs. Name one... 

Haskins is a fantastic player and one of the best pro-style QB prospects i've ever seen come from tOSU. And I've been a Buckeyes fan as long as I've been a Bills fan (~20 years).

Ever since the CBA that limited rookie pay went into effect, teams have been more likely to move up in the draft. I could see teams moving up for players other than QB's. So, we might still have some interest in our #9 regardless of the quality of this QB class.

Been watching a lot of Clelin Ferrell and my goodness I think I have my draft crush.

This guy doesn't quit and he is a leader among those men. He may not even make it to 9 if he test out well at the combine and if he accept his senior bowl invite. But man, he could be the long term solution after Hughes goes. 

On 1/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Been watching a lot of Clelin Ferrell and my goodness I think I have my draft crush.

This guy doesn't quit and he is a leader among those men. He may not even make it to 9 if he test out well at the combine and if he accept his senior bowl invite. But man, he could be the long term solution after Hughes goes. 

Intriguing guy. Definitely like that he's got some size to him instead of just another LB-sized body. Total tackles went down almost 23% this year from last with the same number of games played. Are teams running away from him? If so, that coupled with the QB pressures would be very valuable!

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

What separates him from Shaq Lawson? Both came out highly rated as solid pass rushers and both were involved in a highly touted dline at Clemson. Im just not sure if i know enough for him to be a guy that is above Shaq, if you know more share. Im just worried like bama olineman both are around stud guys who raise their playing but will not shine with far inferior talent around him.

I like Josh Allen alot but I dont see him going to 9 and think he goes to Jets at 3 as the best pure pass rusher in the draft. His talent he has played with is no where near what these guys had a chance to play with and reminds me of a guy who will be the under dog in the draft and come out being the best like Khalil Mack did the year he was drafted as they rarely talked about mack and i think Allen is being overlooked because of bosa and the lineman coming out of clemson 3 all possibly going top 15.

• 1 month later...

I'm not ruling out a trade back. With Denver, Miami and Washington all behind us looking to go after a QB, I wouldnt be surprised if Washington did a deal with us to jump right in front of Denver. Doing something with Miami is most likely out of question but with Denver picking at 10, our option to trade back is still very much alive. Whoever we wanted at 9, we could probably get at 15 while also gaining more draft capital.

5 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

I'm not ruling out a trade back. With Denver, Miami and Washington all behind us looking to go after a QB, I wouldnt be surprised if Washington did a deal with us to jump right in front of Denver. Doing something with Miami is most likely out of question but with Denver picking at 10, our option to trade back is still very much alive. Whoever we wanted at 9, we could probably get at 15 while also gaining more draft capital.

well things quickly change even if its not a done deal as Denver just agreed to trade for Flacco for a mid round pick. So they will not be pursuing a qb at 10. This will however impact their Center Paradis as they now have only 27 mil in cap space and 7-9 have to go to draft picks. Unless they tag or release other players it looks like he may hit free agency. This will also impact Keenum as well as foles now since they both will be FA. It will be interesting to watch as this may impact the draft picks ahead of the bills now particularly the giants and the jaguars as they will need a long term qb.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

well things quickly change even if its not a done deal as Denver just agreed to trade for Flacco for a mid round pick. So they will not be pursuing a qb at 10. This will however impact their Center Paradis as they now have only 27 mil in cap space and 7-9 have to go to draft picks. Unless they tag or release other players it looks like he may hit free agency. This will also impact Keenum as well as foles now since they both will be FA. It will be interesting to watch as this may impact the draft picks ahead of the bills now particularly the giants and the jaguars as they will need a long term qb.

I wouldn't rule out a QB completely for Denver. There is an out in Flacco's contract for 2020. They could easily still draft Drew Lock or whoever at QB and let him develop.

26 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I wouldn't rule out a QB completely for Denver. There is an out in Flacco's contract for 2020. They could easily still draft Drew Lock or whoever at QB and let him develop.

this move is simply elway wanting to win now they wont spend the 10th overall on a qb like they could have done last year with allen and rosen still available and they went pass rusher hoping keenum is their guy. Elway is clearly fighting for his job at this point and he will put that pick to a player starting now not a developing qb. Drafting mid round would likely happen more then drafting one at 10. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

this move is simply elway wanting to win now they wont spend the 10th overall on a qb like they could have done last year with allen and rosen still available and they went pass rusher hoping keenum is their guy. Elway is clearly fighting for his job at this point and he will put that pick to a player starting now not a developing qb. Drafting mid round would likely happen more then drafting one at 10. 

Several Denver reporters are saying the opposite of this. Some feel this move is all about going QB early and letting him sit behind Flacco for a year.

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Several Denver reporters are saying the opposite of this. Some feel this move is all about going QB early and letting him sit behind Flacco for a year.

your essentially putting 28 million in to a qb this year you have your #1 weapon at 31 years old and the majority of your starting defense is at or above 29 years old going in to the season outside of a couple guys. Elway has been GM for 8 years now and is facing the possibility of 3 straight losing seasons that rarely happens for that organization if at all. To me this move is simply a push to succeed now and not worry about the future as of yet. To me this qb class is as weak as 2013 except Haskins has to many questions like Trubisky came out. Im not buying the rest of the class. I could be wrong but I think Elway is pushing for people to make an impact now to compete against the Chargers and Chiefs cause his job is on the line. This will also give the team an option to push for a qb in 2020 draft when there is a better qb class coming out. Plus people have questioned his scouting capability as it showed with Lynch. You guys could be right but i just think this move is to have an answer at qb for 2-3 more years rather then just this year in keenum.

You could also argue that him taking Flacco to help win now (which probably won't happen cuz he's trash) AND drafting a QB early buys him more time at his job.

Simply put, you can't definitively say they won't go after a young QB to mold behind a washed up 34 year old Flacco that can be cut next offseason with zero dead money.

To me, Flacco was brought in to start in 2019 and provide hopefully a better option at QB than Keenum did last year while Drew Lock (rumored Elways loves him particularly) grows for a season. Come 2020 Flacco's salary if off the books and you can draft and sign playmakers for Lock.

Yea trading for Flacco doesnt mean anything. If anything, Flacco will end up in the same situation as he was this past season. Comes in as the starter with the rookie right behind him ready to go if he gets injured or fails to perform. Flacco is only going to be the stop gap during the transition and is a better option to do so with a better track record than Keenum which is probably why they decided to go this route. 

Archived