2019 NFL Draft Thread: Official Visits Time

Nick

I love the players we met with. Shows we are definitely trying to improve at areas of weakness. Josh Allen is gonna be surrounded by much improved talent. Also seems based off those interviews that we will most likely take OL in first and WR in 2nd. But I can also see us fall in love with Metcalf. We fell in love with Josh due to his physical capabilities. Could see same thing with DK. Josh to DK would be so much fun to watch.

Some interesting thoughts being passed around on DK because of his bad 3-cone and shuttle times. Basically it is being said he has straight line speed but no flexibility and agility to be able to get in and out of cuts and routes. 

His private workouts will be interesting and likely determine how teams view him. 

Also Deebo Samuel is a perfect fit in the Bills offense and they met him at the Senior Bowl after Beane scouted a S. Carolina game himself. 

On 3/1/2019 at 5:17 PM, Trentwannabe said:

DK Metcalf confirms he has met with the Bills at the combine :x

I can't help but be on board with this. The man is beyond human

Josh Allen / DK Metcalf can be a REAL sexy QB/WR pairing for many years

8 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills met with Ed Oliver.

Praying a team behind is falls in love with Drew Lock and wants to jump the Broncos. Means either 3 QB's go in the top 8 or we can trade back and be in a great spot to grab OL in the teens.

Jags signing Nick Foles sucks for us. I was hoping/expecting them to draft a QB in round 1

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

DK Metcalf just shot up BB's across the board. 6'3, 4.33 40 time, 1.6% body fat I read, huge catching radius.

Metcalf, Taylor, Oliver, Hockenson would top my BB

I'm still stand offish on Metcalf.  He is an athletic freak except when he had to change direction like in the 3 cone drill were he was horrendous. 

Love his potential but his bust potential is huge. He could easily be a Stephen Hill or a Breshad Perriman.

According to draft insider Tony Pauline, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has told people at the NFL Combine that Arizona selecting Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray is already a "done deal." (Rotoworld)

If this is ends up being true, Rosen gets put on the trade block that may eliminate the number of teams that would look to jump up and be a possible trade partner with in order for us to move back. Miami or Washington to be specific. If he was to go to NYG that wouldn't be too big a deal since they pick ahead of us, but any of the other two teams I think would definitely take a shot at our chances at being able to move back.

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I'm still stand offish on Metcalf.  He is an athletic freak except when he had to change direction like in the 3 cone drill were he was horrendous. 

Love his potential but his bust potential is huge. He could easily be a Stephen Hill or a Breshad Perriman.

He scares me. Freshman = 2 games

2nd year Freshman status 12 games (Yay!)

Sophomore - 7 games

Athletic freak? Yeah, unless you look at his agility. Mostly though, he isn't staying on the field enough for me.

I want TJ Hockenson if available and we couldn't trade out of 9. Surprised that McCoy is the only C we've spoken to! Also, McCoy being so freakin' fast likely means we're looking to have our C pull and get to the 2nd level...typical Zone scheme-type of thing. I'd rather trade back from 9 (hopefully with the Redskins) if Hockenson is gone and get Garrett Bradbury - C and Kaleb McGary - OT. Going after 2 rookies for our OL would allow us to throw ridiculous money at Saffold and actually lure him away from the Rams. We'd run the ball pretty well and Bradbury would do a good job keeping Josh upright from inside pressures as he adjusts well...always in position. Think that combination would result in some decent play-action plays developing.

2 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

If this is ends up being true, Rosen gets put on the trade block that may eliminate the number of teams that would look to jump up and be a possible trade partner with in order for us to move back. Miami or Washington to be specific. If he was to go to NYG that wouldn't be too big a deal since they pick ahead of us, but any of the other two teams I think would definitely take a shot at our chances at being able to move back.

Kingsbury announcing that at this point is dumb on so many levels so I dont really believe it. If Arizona is gonna give up on Rosen already than Rosen value won't be that good.

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Agreed. They likely look to add a weapon for him or protection unfortunately.

17 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Jags signing Nick Foles sucks for us. I was hoping/expecting them to draft a QB in round 1

This is not a surprise as we know Marrone and his thought process on QBs. Coughlin is also in his mid 70s and every coach and front office person should be on the hotseat after going from being a solid team in 2017 season to putrid in 2018 season overall. They have a small time frame with that defense before they have to break it up even more. Marrone refused to play EJ as he wanted the quick fix and veteran knowledge so they went out and grabbed Orton. So going foles is the obvious choice leaving them the opportunity to grab Metcalf if there at 7 or an olineman. Then going Te in the 2nd rd. They may also go DT since they are likely moving on from Malik Jackson as they need the cap space to pay foles. If talks are true and Murray is going #1 then Haskins will likely go 6th over all. 

On 3/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Bills met with Ed Oliver.

Praying a team behind is falls in love with Drew Lock and wants to jump the Broncos. Means either 3 QB's go in the top 8 or we can trade back and be in a great spot to grab OL in the teens.

I see the players in the draft going like this in no particular order: Murray, Haskins, Metcalf (put himself in a top spot after combine Jets, Niners, Raiders, Jags all can use him) Bosa, Q Williams, Josh Allen, kevin White (was talked about as a 5-10 pick but after his combine he could easily go top 5)...Those are the top 7 in my opinion as to be drafted as they have been scouted and ranked before the combine as top targets and increased their stock since then. This leaves Ed Oliver, Jawaan Taylor, Rashan Gary...With guys being discussed going higher then expected like Tj Hockenson, Brian Burns, and Montez Sweat. Some have fallen Greedy Williams, Jonah williams. All in All Ed Oliver could be there at 9 but some of these other guys could be the back up option that I wouldnt hate except for Sweat.

Archived