Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

*whispers* because he’s not that good...

I remember him being one of the reasons the Zeke pick was bad. "Why pick RB at #4 when you could have a better RB next year?"

Edited by DaBoys

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Incorrect. He’s great, but he’s a malcontent and is injured a lot.

I'll disagree. He can't catch, isn't super shifty, and is a bowling ball that can't stay healthy (which you acknowledged). He's a ridiculous athlete, especially for his size, but I don't think he's a great running back. I remember liking Mixon and Cook more for those reasons - they felt like more natural runners, instead of someone who was too big, fast, and strong for college.

39 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Wow. What a whiny b!tch. He basically benches himself because he threw a temper tantrum. Someone needs to slap him.

As little as we happen to like Garrett’s mediocrity as a coach, he deserves a ton of credit for cleaning this team of the me-first, prima dona players. The culture and chemistry in Pittsburgh is a total mess right now. I’m really thankful that we don’t suffer from those ills.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I'll disagree. He can't catch, isn't super shifty, and is a bowling ball that can't stay healthy (which you acknowledged). He's a ridiculous athlete, especially for his size, but I don't think he's a great running back. I remember liking Mixon and Cook more for those reasons - they felt like more natural runners, instead of someone who was too big, fast, and strong for college.

That’s fair. His style is highly dependent on being healthy because of the contact he subjects himself to. We’ve seen a great many RBs who were incredibly productive with a style similar to his, but Fournette can’t stay healthy. If he wasn’t such an immature putz, I think he’d be viewed with a little more sympathy.