Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Browns picked up Kareem Hunt. 

Hunt, Chubb and Johnson. That’s a hellva trio. 

I wouldn't think Hunt would see the field for a very long time. But Goodell is such a hypocritical a$$ wipe who knows. He nor the chiefs did anything until the video came out and they knew before the video.

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

I wouldn't think Hunt would see the field for a very long time. But Goodell is such a hypocritical a$$ wipe who knows. He nor the chiefs did anything until the video came out and they knew before the video.

I heard he was thinking about suspending Zeke just for watching the Hunt video.

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dream scenario would be for the Eagles to franchise him, not be able to find a trade partner, then have Carson Wentz struggle for a few games early in the season. Ish would hit the fan so fast.

One can dream...

And it could happen, especially if Foles immediately signs the tag. Teams would be scared to trade for him because they’d be on the hook for that $25M if they can’t reach a long term deal in a few very short months. Right now, Foles has a TON of leverage.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, John Elway made a signing of Peyton Manning which worked out great.

Beyond that, he's been a train wreck. And for 2019 forward, if you would rather have Denver's situation, you are crazy.

picard-facepalm.jpg

I wouldn't say we're much better off then them because our cap window is only a year or so away before we have to start cutting people who want the big pay days and we have yet to show any "real" improvement in regards to moving closer to a SB. Also if being 1-1 in SB's this decade meant being in the situation they are in now I would have taken their spot in a heart beat. At least they have some fond memories that didn't happen over 2 and a half decades ago.

36 minutes ago, D82 said:

The cap isn't going to be an issue....

How so? Even with the increase, we won't be able to afford everyone that we have now when new deals starting coming around. One or two of our starters will get cut such as Collins, and we haven't done a great job at drafting replacements until a year or 2 after the starter is gone.

And even cap issue aside the Broncos have done a far better job then us this decade even if they are going into a rebuild mode.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

How so? Even with the increase, we won't be able to afford everyone that we have now when new deals starting coming around. One or two of our starters will get cut such as Collins, and we haven't done a great job at drafting replacements until a year or 2 after the starter is gone.

And even cap issue aside the Broncos have done a far better job then us this decade even if they are going into a rebuild mode.

No...not everyone. But we will be able to keep the key players and will just have to draft their replacements. Given this team's draft record, I'd trust them to be able to do so. 

On 2/15/2019 at 6:28 PM, D82 said:

No...not everyone. But we will be able to keep the key players and will just have to draft their replacements. Given this team's draft record, I'd trust them to be able to do so. 

I don't think our fanbase appreciates enough of how our FO is consistently able to field a competitive team year in & out.

The caveat is our identity is very flexible from year to year. FA forces our hand to do that. 

One thing I've noticed & learned to trust in our FO is that, every year we have different strengths with team, every year our identity is evolving. This year we took a step back in offense but took a huge step forward in defense. Next year? who knows

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 6:22 PM, Calvert28 said:

What? We are one of the best drafting teams in the league. We literally were just the youngest team in the playoffs. Weve replaced our QB, RB, OL, DL, LB and secondary all in the last few years. How can you possibly think we dont do well at drafting replacements. 

Archived