Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

28 minutes ago, D82 said:

Dak sucks though.

He doesn't suck. He is an average to slightly below average QB. ~16th or so in the league. OBJ and Dak are close. It's not like he listed 3 passers he liked. He listed 3 people he liked. 

25 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

LMAO.... as Dallas sits on their hands and watches the world go by. 

I literally can't fathom .... whatever. I'm so fed with this organization, it's hard to even put into words. 

I understand wanting to keep your core together.  But if you're close to taking the next step, then get creative and acquire the players you need.  It's what 25 years since our last championship?  Free agency isn't over.  We just have to trust the process.  Wait till next year.

5 minutes ago, Northland said:
35 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

LMAO.... as Dallas sits on their hands and watches the world go by. 

I literally can't fathom .... whatever. I'm so fed with this organization, it's hard to even put into words. 

I understand wanting to keep your core together.  But if you're close to taking the next step, then get creative and acquire the players you need.  It's what 25 years since our last championship?  Free agency isn't over.  We just have to trust the process.  Wait till next year.

Which deals that have been signed so far would you have wanted the Cowboys to sign?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Which deals that have been signed so far would you have wanted the Cowboys to sign?

I hear you. The money is crazy, but so is 25 years without a championship.  I'm hoping we are still talking toThomas.  We have not add elite safety play since Woodson. And we need some some DL depth.  I'll take a championship for some salary cap pain.

Conversely what have we done this off season that makes you say that's the move we had to make?  Let's all remember that free agency ain't over.

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Tom Brady

Pat Mahomes 

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers 

Phillip Rivers

Russell Wilson

Matt Ryan

Andrew Luck

Ben Roethlisberger 

Deshaun Watson 

Cam Newton

Matt Stafford

Carson Wentz when healthy

Jared Goff

Kirk Cousins

That's 15 then:

Marcus Mariota out performed Dak last year head to head.

Jimmy Garppolo when healthy has a case

Andy Dalton is the usual comparison Dak gets. 

Jameis Winston is younger than Dak I believe so he has a case.

Many believe Baker Mayfield has a case. Excited to see him with weapons now.

Then we got Derek Carr that some are willing to trade Dak in for straight up.

Trubisky is young but had a 6TD pass game last year. Something Dak may never do.

Foles is a super bowl MVP

If his leg heals(big if) I'm not sure what Dak can do that Alex Smith can't.

Ryan Tannehill is a tool and injury prone but he has been pretty good when healthy.

Fitzmagic 50% of the time is way better than Dak. And 50% of the time worse.

Tyrod Taylor never played on a stacked team like Dak. 

Josh Allen is getting some weapons. He is young and flashed during the latter part of the season.

At least one respected poster around here thinks Eli could do better than Dak.

San Darnold has no offense but has potential.

People were buzzing about hypothetically bringing in Josh Rosen. Teams with good young QBs don't get excited about that.

Bortles in 2017.

That's 32 QBs that someone could argue are better or equal to Dak and have a case. And I bet Raven fans would throw Lamar on there.

Dak is neither rare nor elite.

Now some of those guys are about to retire. Others are mostly potential.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That's 32 QBs that's someone could argue is better or equal to Dak and have a case

Nah. Not really. They can make the argument, but the case will be weak and full of holes that any unbiased person would see through. 

Daks first 20+ games he was top 10. The last 10+ games he was top 10. There was a period from Falcons '17 through Titans '18 that Dak was objectively bad. Thats better than ~20 of those QBs you listed. 

Just now, D82 said:

Richardson and one of Thomas or Weddle would have been nice.

Richardson at $12m per? I wanted him also, but I thought he would be closer to the $8m of the past 2 contracts. Thats a good one. Malik jackson falls in category as well.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Richardson at $12m per? I wanted him also, but I thought he would be closer to the $8m of the past 2 contracts. Thats a good one. Malik jackson falls in category as well.

I mean, a tad pricey maybe...but that's the nature of the beast. Jackson was another guy I'd hoped we'd look at.

Archived