Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

36 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Strawman. Stay on point here. We are talking passing yardage as it correlates to wins. Please dont twist this into Indy vs Dallas or any other off-point debate topic. 

Dont move the goalpost. 

You said only 3 to 5 teams are good at passing, and the rest are the same.

I used IND who was #7 and compared them to us who ranked 22nd. And then showed the big difference.

Catch up, mustard. 

You lost this one, Matts. It's getting sad.

Only 2 of the 22 teams were ranked 11th. The other 20 were top 10. We can say 20 of the last 32 teams if that helps you organize things. 

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

You said only 3 to 5 teams are good at passing, and the rest are the same.

I used IND who was #7 and compared them to us who ranked 22nd. And then showed the big difference.

Catch up, mustard. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

You lost this one, Matts. It's getting sad.

Only 2 of the 22 teams were ranked 11th. The other 20 were top 10. We can say 20 of the last 32 teams if that helps you organize things. 

You are really struggling with what I said. 

Maybe reread it? 

Can someone else explain it to him? I have tried a bunch of different ways. 

Dallas hasn't been a great passing offense over the last three years.

The NFL is a passing league, and having a dominant passing attack goes a long way in being a good team. 

Obviously, it isn't the sole reason. 

Linehan, not Dak, is likely the biggest culprit behind our lack of success through the air. Hopefully, Moore and his youthful approach will open things up for us in 2019. 

There. That's really all that needs to be said.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

The NFL is a passing league, and having a dominant passing attack goes a long way in being a good team. 

Linehan, not Dak, is likely the biggest culprit behind our lack of success through the air. Hopefully, Moore and his youthful approach will open things up for us in 2019. 

This is all true. But the reality is the thing that matters is having an efficient passing game. Dallas hasnt been a high powered passing attack, but we have at least been adequately efficient. Helps to have a QB that limits turnovers. If we can get solid protection next year (I am hopeful with Fredrick returning), I wouldnt be surprised at all if we go back to 2016 levels. 

People like to ignore that Dak was top 10 in almost every single stat (including passing yards per game, gasp Daboys) after we obtained a legit WR. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

This is all true. But the reality is the thing that matters is having an efficient passing game. Dallas hasnt been a high powered passing attack, but we have at least been adequately efficient. Helps to have a QB that limits turnovers. If we can get solid protection next year (I am hopeful with Fredrick returning), I wouldnt be surprised at all if we go back to 2016 levels. 

People like to ignore that Dak was top 10 in almost every single stat (including passing yards per game, gasp Daboys) after we obtained a legit WR. 

Having Frederick back should immensely aide Dak and the offense as a whole. Getting his security blanket in Witten back will help a tad on those 3rd down plays as well. 

6 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Nope, what makes you think he would leave NOLA? That’s the question I’ve been asking

I don't know, this seems to be a yearly thing now. Not that PFT is worth a damn, but I tend to lean to the side of where there is smoke, there is fire with this one. Nor am I sold that Payton should be the replacement to JG either, but I'll save that for another day.

Edited by WizardHawk

12 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Nope, what makes you think he would leave NOLA? That’s the question I’ve been asking

Uh, Brees retiring? They seem pretty inextricably linked

Plus there seems to drama with him there fairly often, he’s a feisty one. It just feels like a marriage where they’re only staying together until the kids graduate high school (Brees retires)

9 hours ago, D82 said:

Qft

We finished 3rd in offensive pass DVOA in 2016 (as opposed to 18th in '17, 26th in '18). Granted, I fully believe that's because teams were getting decimated by our run game so badly (even when stacking the box) that they couldn't help but just leave dudes wide open, but nonetheless we were able to maximize what we had and move the ball efficiently through the air. I don't know that we'll ever get back to that without that caliber of offensive line though.